Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently November 1st, 2014, 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 18th, 2004, 12:46 am 

I'm developing an article about people who are considering leaving the country if Bush is re-elected. (I know it's controversial, folks, but please don't flame the messenger! :wink: The more developed the "exit strategy," the better, though hypothetical musings and general opinions on the topic are also welcome. If you would rate your likelihood to leave as a "5" or greater on a scale from one to ten, please email me at:

asilrenrut@yahoo.com

Know anyone who fits the bill? If so, please pass along my contact info -- I'd love to speak with her/him.

Thank you!

Lisa

***PLEASE READ***
Respond to this poster only via email. This is not a political forum. We have removed the numerous political posts that followed this one. Do not post your political views in this forum. It is only for people seeking others to interview.
Angela Hoy
WritersWeekly.com

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2004, 12:39 am 

This was my first post on WritersWeekly.com, and I can only send a huge THANK YOU out to all of you who have contributed to this string. I've received some quality material for my article.

Having completed a few interviews with sources who are willing to be named (though I'm still enthusiastically accepting individual responses to my initial post), I now turn my focus to "experts." Any ideas about people who might add a bit of third-party backbone to this piece? Know a psychiatric professional whose patients have reported increased anxiety because of election year politics? A real estate agent who has seen a rise in home purchases by US citizens abroad?

"Outta here in '05?" (that's the title of the piece) explores the factors involved in decision-making around leaving the country. I'm creating a story about people whose departure is politically motivated, but I'm also exploring the elements that lead up to that decision: job portability, dual citizenship, famly ties . . .

Any ideas on who might be able to provide a birds-eye, "expert" view of this trend?

Thanks once again. I will also post this as a new string.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2004, 4:37 pm 

I'd be thrilled to talk to you about your experience -- it sounds like it's exactly what I need for my article. Unfortunately, your response may be removed from this forum for being "political," so if you see this reply and can email me, that's the best option. (I didn't see your email address in your profile.)

asilrenrut@yahoo.com

Also hoping that you are willing to speak as an identified source.

Thank you.

Lisa