Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently December 20th, 2014, 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 11:05 am 

Angela,
Thank goodness you saw what was happening to Zach. Yet the mom in me wishes that woman could have been sent to jail or burn in hell.
Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 5:17 pm 

Marie wrote:
"How do you tell the difference between a "gut feeling" that is right or paranoia?"

I used to struggle with that, too. I read in a book last year that the voice of reason (your angel, your higher self, God, your deceased loved ones) relay messages in a calm manner if they're speaking to you in your mind. I have heard of people hearing auditory voices outside of themselves, alerting them to danger and using a loud voice. But, as for the messages in your head, they are usually calm, which distinguishes them from your imagination.

Anybody else have advice to share on this?

Hugs,
Ang

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2004, 11:38 am 

Angela,
Thanks for this information. I'll have to pay more attention. I look forward to hearing more insights.
Thanks!
Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2004, 2:59 pm 

I don't try to analyze where my messages are coming from; I almost always simply trust my gut instinct.

For instance, if I'm driving somewhere, and the thought suddenly appears in my mind that I should take a different route, I take a different route. Sometimes I will hear a few minutes later on the traffic report that there's a big tie-up on the road I usually take. Sometimes I won't know why I was directed to go a different way. But I've learned over the years that my intuition, spirit guides, higher self won't steer me wrong.

-- Nancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 12th, 2004, 12:10 pm 

Guest Writer wrote:
I don't try to analyze where my messages are coming from; I almost always simply trust my gut instinct.

-- Nancy

Guess it's a matter of trusting those spirit guides. I need to do that.
Thanks for the insights.

Marie

PostPosted: May 13th, 2004, 1:56 pm 

This is the first time I have viewed this site. Having had some odd experiences over my life I can relate to people in the process of exploring their heightened awareness. The first time scared me as I was only about 10 or 11. One of my friends had lost their fav marble and I could see it in my head. When I told her where it was, she accused me of hiding it just to be mean. After that, I kept my pictures to myself, actively trying to quash any weirdness in me. Was not completely successful. oh well, live and learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 14th, 2004, 5:20 am 

Windy,

Welcome! I'm sure many people can relate to your experience. It would be interesting to do a study of the number of folks who had budding psychic abilities as children, but who failed to develop them because of the reactions of family members and friends.

But, it's never too late!

Hugs,
Nancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2004, 9:06 pm 

Hi Windy, and welcome!!

Your story reminded me of the story my grandmother used to tell us. She had a friend in the early 1900's who, as a little girl, used to tell her parents things before they would happen (i.e. Mrs. Smith is going to come over today. Johnny's going to break his leg. Etc.).

The little girl would get punished by her parents whenever these things came true, but she kept sharing her visions with them anyway. My grandmother knew her for years, but the only stories I remember are the ones from when she was a little girl.

The entire family thought Grandma's stories were nuts. Nobody believed her...except me. :)

Hugs,
Angela

Post subject: Psi factors in Families
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2004, 3:46 am 

Thank you for your support Nancy and Angela. I am not sure if this ability tends to run in families, but in my case, my Grandmother once woke up in the middle of the night because she knew my uncle was in a car accident and if he was not found soon, he would freeze to death. She woke up Grandpa to drive to the exact spot that my uncle was in the ditch. My uncle would never admit the psi factor, but instead tried to explain it as she must have woke up and discovered that he was not home yet, was worried and then decided to go looking. Granny would simply smile at his explanation and say it is a good thing that she was not as much of a scientist as he because she trusted what she knew rather than waiting to see if it could be true. I leave the reader decide who has the right interpretation of the events of that night. My belief is that Granny knew a lot more than she let on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2004, 4:22 pm 

While these gifts do seem to run in families, everyone has them...some just don't know how to access them. :)