Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently July 24th, 2014, 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2009, 3:01 pm 

I used cocoa butter, had a 9 pound 10 oz baby - and have no stretch marks. The baby will be 40 next month, so I do have a few wrinkles on my face. And gray hair under the dye!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2009, 10:13 pm 

And I bet that was lovely pure, ordinary cocoa butter - not the stuff we get today loaded with contaminants.

Rose hip oil is great too.

Lauri, there's more and more evidence of cosmetic ingredients being discovered in breastmilk, meaning that the stuff you put on your skin gets absorbed far more deeply than most people realise. Aside from the ingredients that are allergens (and who wants to risk a reaction when you're pregnant and can't take antihistimines), Bio Oil contains BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene) which carries plenty of health warnings about swallowing, inhaling, or absorbing BHT through skin, and includes the alert that it could affect a developing foetus. Not something you want to rub on a pregnant belly.

Okay, enough of hijacking Adele's thread...

Lonely... mmm... do you want some of my relatives for a week or so? (No, I'll be nice, I'll send you my in-laws rather. At least they'll crack you up.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24th, 2009, 1:05 am 

Oh my, babies! How exciting, D. Glad to hear you're doing so well.

Adele, my vote is for a puppy. We just got one (against my wishes because I didn't want to be the "mom"), and she's a doll. She's also a pain, but her cuteness covers a lot of transgressions. She's Papillon--little dog with big ears and a lovable disposition. Ten weeks old as of today.

Trust me. A puppy. You'll never be lonely again.

Wendy is probably right, though. It's your grief pulling at you. Give yourself time. It was a tough year. You need a chance to work through things, and that just takes time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2009, 9:09 pm 

Gee. Now I need comforting too. You see, no one ever warned me about the stretch marks! Four kids and several diets later, well, let's just say we keep the lights down low. You know?

http://groovybell.blogspot.com/

and

http://groovytrekkers.blogspot.com/

Now I Squidoo!!!
http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/groovyoldlady

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2009, 6:52 pm 

After 40 can you tell a difference between a stretch mark and a wrinkle anyway??

Use olive oil--at least you can drag your lettuce across your stomach and have salad! (Of course, only the kind from Italy so it's not processed wrong!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2009, 11:33 pm 

Snort! (Salad... yum!)

Olive oil's good. So is Jojoba oil. And Shea butter, which is mainly what I'm using.

Quote:
Lonely... mmm... do you want some of my relatives for a week or so? (No, I'll be nice, I'll send you my in-laws rather. At least they'll crack you up.)

I take it back. You can have my cousin. She'll talk your legs and arms off and then get to work on your camels, donkeys, horses, and any other livestock within 50 miles. You won't remember lonely after that.

Seriously. I have met this woman twice and spoken to her over the phone a few times. She's not even really my cousin; she's my grandfather's step-niece. But she's decided to appoint herself the primary relative in my (and everyone else's) life. My in-laws went away for a few days break by themselves and I gave them my mobile in case of emergency. But they were out of a signal area - and during their trip my cousin phoned twice to find out if I'd "had the baby yet". (Despite receiving a Xmas card with photos of me at only 5 months pregnant...) So when they got back and I got the messages and contacted her I got a guilt trip because she'd had a "panic attack" because she couldn't get hold of me. (Oh, right, there's email... and the landline...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 7th, 2009, 2:48 pm 

I hardly ever get lonely. Guess I'm weird or SO SICK OF PEOPLE that by the end of the day I'm glad there's no one on this mountain.