Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently August 31st, 2014, 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A challenge.
PostPosted: April 6th, 2004, 11:06 am 

Cat,
I challenge you to find anywhere in my statements where I threatened to bring a lawsuit against anyone. If you can point out one place where said "If you don't stop...I'M going to sue somebody!" I'll gladly concede the point.

I can spare my sons the pain of falling down by having them tie their shoes. Offering good advice is a way of sparing someone of something. I was not saying I was going to initiate litigation. That is something you read into the sentence. I was merely offering advice in an attempt to help someone who has placed themselves in harms way.

Now at no point did I solicite your opinion in an effort to draw you in to something silly. You freely entered into the conversation. If you don't want to participate in the forum don't.

Fred

Post subject: speaking of libel....
PostPosted: April 15th, 2004, 5:12 pm 

Fred,
I expect you to retract your assertion that the "fraud" site is mine.
It is not. If I really WERE full of anger, which I'm not, I probably could sue your for having made and perpetuated this false claim. You didn't check your facts - and if I have to put the energy into proving that the fraud site isn't mine - I will.

I hope that those who have started and perpetuated this false rumour will be honest enough to admit it and perhaps apologize for their mistake.

I am not full of anger -- I'm actually a very nice person who has lots of great and kind things to say. I am thrilled to live in a country where we can freely express ourselves.

Yay for us!

I notice that you are "anonymous"

It is occuring to me - and I could be wrong - that you work for 1stbooks/Authorhouse.
If this is true - would you admit it?

If it isn't, then who are you?

Cheryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2004, 5:29 pm 

ATTENTION EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE 1STBOOKS / AUTHORHOUSE POSTS HERE:

Cheryl is NOT Rose Flood. People who are accusing Rose Flood of being Cheryl are WRONG. Notice Rose Flood did not correct anyone who called him Cheryl, probably because he was enjoying throwing you off his scent.

Two people have been banned from this forum because of inappropriate posts: Rose Flood and Dick C. Dick C. owns 1stbooks-fraud.com.

Do the math.

-Angela Hoy
WritersWeekly.com

P.S. Cheryl,
1stBooks / AuthorHouse knows without a doubt who Rose Flood is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2004, 5:38 pm 

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2004, 6:17 pm 

Of course, b/c it wasn't me -- I didn't even know what was being written about me until today.

Wow-- lots of tough talk. I went to the the site that every one keeps referring to - you know, the one that we keep giving more and more publicity to - and I am wondering if Fred might actually BE the lawyer for 1stbooks. He called libel "slander" - then went ahead and libeled me - I guess -- I'm NO lawyer (thank G-d!) so what do I know?
Notice how I say might - because I have no idea whether he is or isn't. The silly error in legal terminology would make perfect sense given everything I've experienced!

Anyway, as my book is a true story, in preparation, I read a couple books on libel. Clearly Angela knows WAY more about this, but my understanding is that, if you can prove what you wrote is true, it isn't libel. I can prove every word that I (me, Cheryl) have said and written.

I wrote this in another forum, but I will repeat it more thoroughly here as "Fred" asked about my degree.

I have a doctorate in Higher Education Policy - this info is on my website, through which I can easily be contacted -- unlike Fred.
I earned it from a Public, Research I institution - The University of Arizona. My particular program is highly ranked and I have been in the top 2% of my graduating class in all of my degrees earned. My BA was in Psych. With Honors - which means I took a certain number of honors courses and completed an honors thesis. I graduated Summa Cum Laude with a cumulative GPA of 3.93. I also have a Management and Organizational Psychology Background. My area of expertise is research design and statistics. I run a consulting company and mostly what I do is help non-profits with their research needs.

I LOVE bragging about my hard-earned education, so I am grateful to Fred for this opportunity!

If perhaps anyone would like to check on this -- let me know and I'll give you my maiden name -- Degrees earned and GPAs from public institutions are fairly easily verified.
Anything you'd like to know or clarify - feel free. I've made lots of new friends on this forum and I am happy to chat - just please don't stalk me. That is not cool.

I've had some fantastic appearances and have developed a very cool *cult* following - esp. with independent bookstores.

I'll be giving away some "Diva Therapy" at the Mothers of Derby night at Tucson Roller Derby May 9 and will be appearing at Bookmans in Mesa, AZ on June 5. The rest of the summer's weekends are still being worked out.

Thanks for listening. Thanks again Angela for setting it straight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2004, 9:45 pm 

If any of you are wondering if Dick C. is credible, be sure to read the last line of his email to me here, which I rec'd today.
-Angela, WritersWeekly.com

To: <angela@writersweekly.com>
Subject: Correction For The Record
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:07:10 -0500

Dear Ms. Hoy:

I just read your latest post regarding me
and my ownership of www.1stbooks-fraud.com

CLARIFICATION FOR THE RECORD

Author Solutions Inc./1st Books/AuthorHouse have known
from day one who owned the site. I advised them even before it went up
that it was in the offing. They knew it then and they know it now.

The site stands on its own. If they feel that the site contains
materials that are harmful, they can certainly pursue me. But they will
not because it does not. It only contains my experiences along with some
links.

So, I guess whatever declaration you were trying to make
is like most things you say, Lackluster!!

Thank you---and by the way you are still a c unt!!

Dick C., Author
e-mail dickc@dickc.com
Web www.dickc.com
Toll Free PH/FX-866-561-4524

Post subject: Thank you Angela
PostPosted: April 16th, 2004, 12:18 am 

Many thanks Angela for stepping in and putting an end to the neverending thread of "they-did-me-wrong" and the personal attacks.

Your professional stance is appreciated.

Cynthia

http://www.cynthiaborris.com

Post subject: Confused???
PostPosted: April 16th, 2004, 7:22 am 

So, if Dick C. owns 1stBooks-Fraud, then I guess that would make him a likely candidate to be Rose Flood. After all, Rose Flood got the whole 'Is This You Fred' thing going and Dick C.'s site has a link for 'This Is Fred'.

I am so confused!! :shock:

I had assumed that Rose Flood was really Rose Flood at first. I had also assumed that 1stBooks-Fraud was her site. After all, most of the information that she posted and gave to me was right off of that website.

Oh well. At least we now know what it going on. I have received two very nice emails from Dick C. previously and I never would have pegged him to be so vulgar. Shame on him! Play Nice!! :wink:

www.1stBooks.com/bookview/20270

Email: ZoeJesnik@neo.rr.com

Post subject: plots thickening...
PostPosted: April 16th, 2004, 1:37 pm 

I have to say - I've become very *into* the intrigue of this. It may be that Dick C. and Rose Flood were really Fred, too! Wouldn't THAT be something?

It's like reality TV - only better!!

Cheryl

Post subject: Setting things straight
PostPosted: April 16th, 2004, 2:45 pm 

I responded to a personal email from Cheryl that she says she never received. So, for her benefit I will now repeat what I said so that everyone can read it and Cheryl can see the message.

I apologized to Cheryl for any misunderstanding I had as to her identity and for coming to the false conclusion that she was the author of the 1stbooksfraud site. I came to that conclusion because of the link on that site to her webpage. (I am very new to computers and have very little understanding of how everything works). I then went on to tell her that I went to view her web page and wound up spending nearly two hours there, completely mesmerized by her story and her impressive writing ability. It was then that I realized Cheryl could not possibly be the author of the 1stbooksfraud site, because she would have had to *dumb down* her writing ability to do so. Nor did I any longer believe Cheryl and Rose Flood were the same person, for exactly the same reason. The posts from *Rose* were often almost illiterate.

I also explained that I was absolutely not a *shill* for 1stBooks and that there have been many posts from me detailing the problems I had with them. But, I also felt it was fair to say the problems had been taken care of and to point out that the company did have some very positive points in comparison to several other POD publishers. There isn't any company anywhere that is either all good or all bad. Companies are as good and as honest and dependable as the people they have working for them, and I sincerely hope they have cleaned house and gotten rid of the people who didn't give a darn about what kind of job they did for a client, or what kind of reputation they built for their employer. From some of the more recent posts, it appears they are trying to rectify any wrongs that have been done, and that is certainly to their credit. I feel I was fortunate to have dealings there with a person who did care, and who saw to it that my problems were dealt with in a timely manner.

Cheryl, I am so sorry for all the misunderstanding - especially since you did not receive my email explaining and apologizing. But, now you know, and now I know why you have been so upset. Are we okay now?

Carol Kern - Author of "All Kinds of Heroes" - a tale of life, love and survival following a devastating act of cyber-terrorism that shuts down all electrical and communication systems across North America in the dead of winter.

Post subject: Ditto
PostPosted: April 16th, 2004, 2:50 pm 

Yes! Thank you.
And I am sorry I jumped all over you before giving you enough of a chance to respond -- I get very obsessive. Clearly, you are WAY too articulate and sensible to be a shill for 1stBooks.

Cheryl