Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently August 30th, 2014, 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2005, 12:14 am 

Just thought I'd give this one a little bump again for anyone new! Welcome all!

zubbycat :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2005, 12:35 am 

Guest Writer wrote:
First, let me echo the sentiments of so many others -- this is a fantastic group of people! And that has to reflect well on Angela, because like does attract like.

My name is Nancy. I got my first paid writing job at the age of 19, working part-time writing and producing radio spots at a rock 'n roll station in the town where I was attending college. (I majored in Broadcasting, minored in English.)

I continued to work in radio for several years after graduation, then moved over to the ad agency side of the business. After many Maalox-filled years climbing that ladder -- Associate Creative Director at a regional agency, then Senior Writer at a national agency -- I bailed in 1984 and have been freelancing ever since.

My portfolio includes newspaper and magazine ads, brochures, direct mail campaigns, annual reports, newsletters, outdoor boards, radio and television spots, and corporate videos.

Just thought I'd reintroduce myself! I originally joined the forum as Guest Writer (the above post is on page two of this thread), then dropped out of sight last year due to work commitments. When I came up for air, I decided to re-register under a new name -- my initials.

So, anyway, I doubt anyone ever noticed I was gone, but it's still nice to be back! :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2005, 2:06 am 

Welcome geechee_girl and welcome back NWC! - hope those were good work committments :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 7:01 pm 

Thanks, daoine! Yep, corporate stuff, not exciting...but it pays the bills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 8:15 pm 

Glad you came back, NWC!

And made him secretary of Thy praise.
--George Herbert
www.patriciasbaker.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 12:47 pm 

Thank you, Grassblade!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2005, 8:57 am 

Since I just placed my first message on this board (in topic: is no news good news?) I thought it might be polite to introduce myself.

My name is Carin, age 34, and I live in the Netherlands . I am married and combine my duties as a housewife with my volunteer work for the Worldshop (Wereldwinkel) and my writing . I started out as assistant editor and journalist for a English language fanzine (which worked according a proffesional protocol) Shortly after this my first two (fanfiction) stories were published. Besides that I also wrote for a the German fanzine and articles about the worldshop (fair trade principle) in the local newspaper.
My "career" develloped since then and now my stories have been published in two New York Times bestsellers ( "Chicken Soup for the Gardener's Soul" and "Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul") and several other books and magazines (saturday evening post). I am trying to keep my versatility by writing articles once in a while. (one of those appeared in the November/December 2003 issue of the Dutch magazine "Onkruid"). I am currently working in turn on a inspirational and fantasy book but I also continue to write short stories about all kinds of subjects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2005, 11:31 am 

Welcome to the gang!

writerdave

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2005, 12:24 pm 

Welcome, Carinkla! (I'm from Texas, but lived in Amsterdam summer of 1973 on a houseboat in the canal across the street from the railroad station.)

And made him secretary of Thy praise.
--George Herbert
www.patriciasbaker.com

Post subject: Shelley Bueche
PostPosted: September 17th, 2005, 8:50 am 

I have a background in writing on a broad array of topics as: Texas travel, parenting issues, canine companions and general healthcare topics. I have written two children's books: The Ebola Virus and Bedbugs, published by KidHaven Press. I enjoy writing nonfiction/creative nonfiction book reviews. On a personal note, I have two teenage sons (13 and 15) and my husband is a chemistry professor in Austin, Texas. He is also the Shape Shifting Man in Waking Life, for all you Linklater fans!

Post subject: Roll Call?
PostPosted: September 17th, 2005, 3:12 pm 

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker who finally decided to introduce herself. My name is Susan. My favorite thing to write is Science Fiction, but I also am working on nonfiction articles. I sold my first print article the other week (finally!). I love coming to this forum - it's always so helpful. And sometimes hilarious (Where's the bad erotica been lately?).

I've got a son in college, two soon-to-be stepdaughters who are both teens, and a fiancee who is incredibly supportive of my writing. Plus one cat who is convinced that it improves my writing if she sits on the keyboard when I'm trying to type.

My goal is to freelance fulltime. Right now the day job has to stay, but I'm chipping away at it.

Darkstar

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2005, 7:08 pm 

Welcome all newbies. Our hostess, Zubby, will be around with a plate of cookies and a direction map to Willow's Martini Bar. After cookies, be sure to join us there. Maybe we will restart the bad erotica over martini's. Writerdave, crank it up, dude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2005, 10:27 pm 

'Tis about time a request for my expertise has been issued. I shall work on that. By the way, welcome all.

writerdave

P.S. It's a bit disconcerting to think there are people out there lurking while reading my bad erotica -- sort of like a pharmacist reading prescriptions late at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2005, 6:55 pm 

Ah! Welcome everyone! I've been neglecting my official greeter duties this weekend while I was away at my writing conference.

Okay.

"Welcome to Wal ... I mean WritersWeekly!"

Here are some chocolate chip cookies for your enjoyment. Feel free to eat as many as you like as I have a never ending supply and you only gain virtual fat and not real fat. Hee hee.

Oh yes, the martini bar is the second door on the right. Willow will gladly pour you a rye and coke or a long island ice tea or whatever your pleasure is, and you can chat and spill all your problems to our resident psychiatrists while laughing with our resident psychos (of which I believe I may be one ... uh ... ya ...)

Now, writerdave, where is that bad erotica you promised us?? Huh???? :P

zubbycat :D

Post subject: Roll Call
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2005, 9:43 pm 

***bump***

Just checking out the newbies...welcome, all! Let me repeat the welcome to Willow's Martini Bar-she makes a mean gin and tonic.

And Willow's Prayer Chapel is just as nourishing to your spirit (not spirits, see above).

Hope to see you all on other threads!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next