Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently April 19th, 2014, 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 417  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2005, 2:20 pm 

wordchick wrote:
At a martini barr?????

Sorry, I don't like martinis. When I'm stressed, I need chocolate! Maybe you could zap it with some Baily's Irish Cream??

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2005, 2:42 pm 

What a week! When I look back over the last week, I am amazed I got even one chapter written. If I start ten minutes ago, I may have a chance to get 1 1/2 hours of writing in today. Since hubby has 3 day weekends, he already has us booked for the next two days (tearing out and replaceing the walkway in the back yard). So next week, I sure hope to do better.

I honestly think it is the slowness with which the publishing world moves that contributes to my procrastination. I know the earliest I may hear from this one publisher is three weeks, and i haven't accomplished a thing hardly in that time. However, if I don't start accomplishing, I may keep putting it off indefinately. I sure don't want to do that. I have to much to say to the world!

Wendy, thanks for thinking of me. I think everyone here has just been really busy lately. I sure know I have! Next week has to slow down, I hope. How did I ever have time to run a house, and work full time too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2005, 7:28 pm 

Just picked up the ingredients for Bananas Foster. That should get the weekend started off right. (Hey, there's alcohol in it, even it is cooked!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2005, 9:18 pm 

TDavis, if she's the love of your love, don't let a fight (not even if it was as big as W W II)
get in the way. Get off your sorry butt and go make it right. If it's really love, then don't let it slip away.

Writing -wise I've had a lean year so far. Oh, I've been productive all right, but nobody wants to buy. On the up-side, I got my novel off to my readers before going away on hols. I've had one detailed report back, which was very encouraging, as well as a couple of verbal ones. So far everyone is very positive but, of course, there's some extra work needing to be done. However, I feel like the thing's on track.

Pity I can't sell anything and raise some cash! Then I could have shouted the bar a round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2005, 6:43 pm 

** WIllow is sloshing drinks as fast as she can go**

Ya'all are in a pickle this week, aren't you? Oh yeah, its the Martini Bar--I should say 'ya'all are in an olive this week, aren't you??" Missed you all. Now belly up and tell me what I've missed...

Although I did see that fun bday party for me and a few others a few links back...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2005, 2:37 pm 

Well I have to say, YES we are in an olive, or maybe choking on a bone after reading Dave's latest erotica.

I did take Wendy's advice, though; I called my trying-to-be-ex boyfriend and said, I think we need to talk. I gave him a deadline of 10 days, so now he is being Cool by making me wait for his email telling me when & where.

In the meantime, something he said triggered a great fiction story, so I've written it and sent it to an appropriate market.

If we're not getting back together, that's the least he could do, don'tcha think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2005, 3:43 pm 
Well, he gave you a story? Good for you! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2005, 4:41 pm 

**Willow slides the Dangerous Man book over to Tdavis along with a double STIFF drink**
""WINK WINK""

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2005, 9:13 pm 

I'm thinking of you TDavis. Just remember, love is worth fighting for, but only if it's love. Don't let this guy pull your strings. If he's a controller/manipulator then run a mile. But if he's just hurt and considering his options then ok, give him time. All the best with it mate. Keep us posted. :)

Meanwhile, write on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2005, 2:26 am 

Me of immediate gratification- how do you manage waiting to discuss realationship problems? It would drive me crazy waiting for an e-mail to tell me when I'm going to be able to get things off my chest.

Great about the story though.

http://thoughtsfrombotswana.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2005, 9:59 am 

Power shift. He's trying to get his power back by making her wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 12:04 am 

Power shift, bigtime.

Yes, LoloK, it drives me nuts too. He knows that.

He finally emailed today and said "it seems I have some time tonight"...lol. what the #@@# else would he do tonight? Nothing.

so we had our little meeting, and he flirted, complimented, mentioned how much he liked our life together... the interaction was lovely for 2 hours---then said he'd rather wait for The Perfect Woman. He managed to be quite cutting about it. Never realized I was so flawed. He said the only time I communicate well is IN WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFL

control, manipulation, power plays, etc etc etc etc...............where's that book, Willow????

*I'm really okay though, guys. I gave it my best try *

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 12:25 am 

You certainly did! This guy can't really be the love of your life, babe. What a jerk!
This is what I think you should say to him.

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 2:41 am 

Oh TD, what a bonehead! You deserve someone who treats you better than that. You're not flawed, you're human. Don't dwell on what this guy has said - you have to be you for you, not Miss Perfect for Mr Picky. His choice is not your fault or your problem if you're true to yourself.

So, give yourself some time to be with yourself now and realign your priorities and your sense of self - pamper yourself - and then make a list of the type of behaviour and attitude you're looking for in a potential partner and what you absolutely will not put up with (read willow's book for some specifics, but don't get too down about all the nasty people out there). When you meet new people remind yourself of the "do want" and "don't want" points on your list, and if you get warning bells ringing, listen to them!

Be good to yourself, and be safe. We all have fingers crossed for that story of yours. Let us know when it's picked up.

**Big cyber hug**

Now - you going to play that fiddle for us??

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 5:15 am 

Eish!! What a big fat jerk! I'd of thrown something at him just to show him how imperfect I can truly be. Thank god you get rid of him now instead of later- he's done you a big favour by showing you his real side early. There are plenty of eels in the ocean!!

There's a great South African advert where people in this bar are having labels on their foreheads, things like needy, drama queen, etc. the last one is rapist on a nicely dressed man you'd never suspect- the point of the advert. But I was thinking how much easier life would be if everybody wore their personality on their forehead. I think we all know what this guy's would say (it starts with an A).

http://thoughtsfrombotswana.blogspot.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 417  Next