Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently April 19th, 2014, 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AIWA copywriting course
PostPosted: October 8th, 2003, 2:32 pm 

Can anyone tell me anything about the AIWA course? I've seen it mentioned occassionally and I receive e-mails urging me to sign up and take it. It is worthwhile? What are your experiences and the pros and cons of taking it?

Thanks.

Post subject: Copywriting Course
PostPosted: October 15th, 2003, 10:27 am 
I'm not sure which course you are talking about but is it that one with Robert Bly? I ordered one called "Selling Yourself as a Copywriter." I think it is worth while. I don't know if you know anything about Robert Bly but he has been a freelance writer for about 20 years and the materials talk about how to sell yourself, he gives examples and solid advice. I enjoy it and am glad that I got it. You can check it out, if it is not the same course you are reffering to at www.selling-yourself.com

Post subject: Course
PostPosted: October 15th, 2003, 4:14 pm 
That's not the same course, but it is an AWAI course (I typed the acronym in incorrectly originally). Thanks for the info. Did you find the course aided you in increasing business, etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2003, 1:31 pm 
Well, I have just started actually listening and taking notes from it last night. He gives a lot of methods to generate leads and gives examples he has tested/used for his own business as a guidelines. The kit comes with six CDs, and three books, one on writing and selling more, one on promoting a small business and his infamous Secrets of a Freelance Writer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 6th, 2003, 8:32 pm 

Bob Bly is on the board of AWAI. I have taken 3 of their courses, and they have several other ones to offer. They mostly teach you how to write killer copy for direct mail that gets results. They also offer a course on travel writing, and another one on resumes, and one I did on graphic design and layout, what to do and not to do.
AWAI courses are good and they have a bootcamp to develop your skills further, but they always have another course to take! So I'm trying to develop what I have learned and get myself going freelance. See me at www.jacklandry.com
Well that's all I can offer at this time. Bye, Jack