Submitted to WritersWeekly via email on 2/4/12 by Rachel Lyddon at HealthTap.com.
Applicant must be located near Palo Alto, CA
** To Apply for this position submit your application here: http://healthtap.theresumator.com/apply/VC8q1V
HealthTap is a team with a mission to help change the world for the better. We're a fast-growing, recently funded company with an accomplished team bringing better health information to people everywhere. We're connecting patients with doctors and their wisdom in new ways.
About the Postion - Senior Copy Writer / Editor
Term and Location
This is a 10+ week project with full-time potential.
On-site (some remote work possible) in Palo Alto, California.
At HealthTap, you'll be writing copy with a purpose - connecting people with great, free health information from top physicians.
You'll write and edit anything from web and mobile copy to outreach messages, tweets and FB updates, and occasional blog posts. This is not a "research and write long articles" job; it's a quick-on-your-feet job that requires editorial dexterity to help users through lots of interactions in a way that's intuitive and seamless.
You should have the ability to distill copy to its simplest form while retaining its appeal to the reader. You should be comfortable writing from different perspectives and have a strong sense of voice that can be shifted based on the audience we're speaking to. HealthTap talks to consumers and physicians, as well as healthcare groups, potential partners, and technical friends, such as developers.
Experience (for more see Requirements and Qualifications below)
Experience with interactive services (web, mobile, or gaming) is required, and experience in more then one is a big plus. Experience in health is not required.
Send a resume and a link to your portfolio that showcases samples of your writing to: http://healthtap.theresumator.com/apply/VC8q1V
In addition, please perform the following exercise and attach it: Come up with a new tagline for HealthTap that explains our mission, or write a short paragraph explaining the HealthTap mission.
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of experience in creative work
- Experience in interactive copyrighting (such as web, mobile, software or gaming)
- A passion for concise, effective, compelling copy
- A compelling portfolio
- Ability to change brand voice and tone given different audiences and products
- Ability to communicate reasoning for word choice and messaging
- Ability to create two to three variations for each project with a recommendation
- Web or mobile or gaming copywriting experience is required
- Consumer-focused experience is a plus
- A passion for making the world a better place
- Familiarity with interactive services (such as games and game dynamics or interaction-based copy and design)
- Familiarity with mobile services, apps, and copy
Examples of What You'll Work On
- Developing copy on our social, mobile health platform (http://www.healthtap.com
- Creative campaigns focused on consumers and physicians
- You'll write for both the digital (online) and mobile spaces.
- Your work will be seen by a *lot* of people: our app (http://www.healthtap.com/mobile
) HealthTap Express was recently the #1 Featured App in the Android Market, and we have 5 stars in the Apple App store.
Who We Are
• We're a motivated team of engineers, physicians, business mavericks, and thought-leaders. We're experts in health, data, and design. We have experience in online, mobile, and cloud services. We have backgrounds in gaming, informatics, privacy, and health.
• We're graduates of top schools (like Stanford, Yale, Harvard, MIT, and Duke) and builders of great companies. We're here to change the way the world finds and uses health information by making it personal, and bringing people trusted answers and actions from thousands of great physicians.
• We're not a pharma company in disguise, or just another site bombarding people with industry advertising. We're real people, and are the real deal -- right at the forefront of a revolution of innovation that we call the new era of Interactive Health.
• We're growing and looking to expand our exceptional team. This is a great time to join us. We're driven by the common goal of helping improve peoples' lives, and you should be too.
• As a tight-knit group, we're looking for experienced candidates who are eager to work in a growing start up environment, and who are ready to hit the ground running.
• If you're driven by helping people, are passionate about and what you do, and you do it very, very well - let us know!
• Learn More About Us: https://www.healthtap.com/pages/about_us
• Meet Our Team: https://www.healthtap.com/pages/team
• Read Our Vision and Credo: https://www.healthtap.com/pages/vision_and_credo
• See all open positions: http://healthtap.theresumator.com/apply
• Apply online for this position: http://healthtap.theresumator.com/apply ... ditor.html
• Please submit your resume, well-crafted cover letter, and assignment here: http://healthtap.theresumator.com/apply/VC8q1V