Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently August 1st, 2014, 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 4:17 pm 

I'm looking for parents who has had children who bullied others to be sources for a story that I am writing for Babyzone. Doesn't have to be physical -- it can also be the "mean girl"/emotional bullying syndrome. Also doesn't have to be current -- you can talk about how you conquered it. The story's focus is to tell parents how to cope and how to break the cycle. Please email me asap at janwilson86@yahoo.com, the clock is ticking on my deadline!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 5:33 pm 

I'm not a parent, but I am an aunt, and I did have occasion to discuss some behavioral issues with my then-teenage nephew. He wasn't doing anything physical, but he was being a little s**thead to some kids who weren't as handsome and popular as he was. I managed to convince him that "what goes around comes around" and the universe has a way of getting even. Ideally, he would have improved his behavior on his own, because it was the right thing to do...but I was willing to settle for improvement based on fear of instant karmic retribution, until he was ready to develop some maturity and insight. (Which he did, eventually, by the way!)