1. How do you define the terms B.C and/or A.D.?
2. How do you define the terms C.E. and/or B.C.E.?
3. Which term do you prefer to use?
4. What is your religious affiliation?
5. Do you feel these terms do or do not have religious meaning?
6. Additional Comments:
1. B.C.: Before Christ
A.D.: As a child I thought it meant "After Death" -- later on, I learned that it means: Anno Domini, or the Year of our Lord.
2. Common Era and Before the Common Era
3. CE and BCE
5. Yes, I believe these terms have religious significance -- I also feel that way about CE and BCE because the "common era" is still defined by the birth of Jesus.
I prefer CE in particular because it is more neutral. Muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet, but we could not call him "Our Lord," which is the literal meaning of AD (The Year of our Lord).
I'd be interested to hear the results of your study when you are finished.