Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently December 21st, 2014, 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 19th, 2004, 9:54 pm 

I would like to interview people who have somehow found themselves out of the job market for some time. My interest is to ask about some of the things that you have done either to while away the time or to help you in adjusting to your new circumstance (whether that adjustment is financial or otherwise). For example:

-What are some of the things you do to take your mind off of being unemployed?
-What are some things that you do to supplement your income while you search for a job?

Some of the people I have talked to say they like to 'blog'. Others post reviews of products or services. Others say they spend time in business-related chat rooms to seek out new job ops. Some have decided to improve or re-decorate their home. These are just a few examples.

Feel free to be funny and irreverent about your experience. The working title for my book is 'Beating the Unemployment Blues' and as such I want to avoid anecdotes that are depressing. I want to tell people that even if you have been unemployed for quite some time, you shouldn't give up hope, and you shouldn't become a grumpy curmudgeon. I tend to find that those with a good sense of humor tend to do the best under such circumstances.

Please tell me what you would allow me to quote in my book and to what name the quote should be attributed.

email me at: af40@att.net

All the best!

Alex Hersonski