Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently March 23rd, 2017, 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 7th, 2004, 10:52 pm 

I was very interested in the postings about psychometry, but what I have in mind is slightly different. I can find things, sometimes, by imagining I'm already holding it and going through the house to get to where it is. This works best with small items. Does anybody else do this? Or do you think I just subconciously remember where things are? I'd like to test this and find something I haven't seen before, but I feel a little silly about asking someone to lose something for me. Especially since it doesn't always work.

Post subject: finding objects
PostPosted: July 8th, 2004, 8:32 am 

Hi Paul. I had a wierd experience with my mother recently. She is very ill from cancer and I was at her home taking care of her. She was very upset because when she came home from her surgery, she couldn't find 3 things thatmeant a lot to her. They were her wedding ring, a christian medal and a medal with a picture of Mary on it. She kept talking and crying because she had lost them and I kept telling her that they would turn up. Finally, I got up and asked her where she last saw the Mary medal. She said she was laying on the couch. So I walked over to the couch and I internally saw the medal slip out of her pocket and fall into the cushion. I lifted the correct cushion and found it. (could be purely deduction). Then I asked her where she last saw the christian medal. She said she put it on the kitchen table. So I went there and in my mind I saw her pick it up and set it on top of something. I turned around and there it was on top of a jar (lucky guess). The lst item, her wedding rings. I knew she wouldn't leave them anywhere so I went into her room. I felt drawn to her dresser (logical place) and asked if I could look in there and she told me to go ahead. I felt drawn almost like a magnet to one box (out of 5) and there it was.

I would love to think I could find things, but then she told me she had lost a holy card a few years back and could I try and find that. Of course, I couldn't. But there are times when I can just go to a place and there it is. I have always had a sence that an item was either on top of something, inside something, or under something. And my correct rate on that was excellent. I think a lot of it has to do with getting into someones mind and reliving the moment they lost something, and actually using your powers of deduction or lick Spock, just being logical. But who knows? My mother was impressed!

Linda

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 10th, 2004, 11:57 pm 

Hi Linda
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. You both must be under a lot of stress, to say the least.
I've been thinking about the holy card she lost, and it sounds like the kind of thing that would get stuck in the bottom of a cardboard box. Also, did you check her nightstand? On the other hand, if she carried it around with her it might be in a pocket of her purse.
Nothing psychic here, just good places to look for small flat objects.
Love and Luck,
Paula

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 11th, 2004, 4:01 pm 

When I walk from room to room I "feel" for the object. I don't know how to describe it other than when I'm too far away from it, I have an empty, blank feeling which tells me I am not looking in the right place.

When I'm near the object I feel a full, sparkling sensation inside my body that tells me the object is nearby. It's as though it talks to me in a silent language only the two of us can understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2004, 10:25 am 

Sounds like me. I get a "no" feeling when I'm looking in the wrong spot, and when I'm on the trail, my fingers tingle. Of course, I have my bad days. I'd like fewer bad days and more consistent results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2004, 4:07 pm 

Wow. :) Wish I could do that. I have my own ability to read eyes (no, not like when playing poker...LOL). I can tell if someone is good, evil or neutral by what is inside their eyes. It is not an expression, per se, but a feeling that I get when I can look into someone's eyes when they think they are not being seen. *shrugs* Been able to do it for as long as I can remember and have been pretty accurate (I'd say about 80% accuracy).

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2004, 10:46 pm 

I feel houses and ground with my feet. I can tell what has happened in a place by what I feel thru my feet. Often I will also get a scripture (not the actual words of the scripture but the address of the scripture) and when I go and look it up, it has to do with the words earth, dirt, dust, blood, violence or whatever happened there. It seems like a verification of what I am sensing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2004, 11:35 pm 

I can't find things. In fact, I'm very good at losing things. But when I absolutely need to find something, like my keys or something else specific, I...well, ask. I ask a specific diety to help me find whatever it is. Often I'll walk through my apartment again and there it is in plain sight. It almost always works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2004, 11:38 pm 

Oh, I should add that I always say "thank you" when I find whatever it is I'm looking for.

Now if I could just find someone to help me find a job. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 20th, 2005, 3:29 pm 
Wow, this is an awfully interesting discussion. Paula, I get sensations when I am close to finding the object in question too. Sometimes, I think, you have to be open, and not let your brain filter the reality. Mental clarity..you know, like not trying so hard to imagine where the object should or could be.

Willow, I have something similar...in a sense. I get, what I've only ever described as "ominous" feelings. It is kind of funny that I've always used that word to describe those feelings, because when I started using it, I didn't know that it meant "pertaining to an omen." Anyway, I get these dark feelings; I feel anxious; my skin feels nearly feverish...and I have the urge to tell someone, "Today is an ominous day." It has been my experience that when I get these feelings, something tragic happens shortly: someone close to me dies. I don't seem to get these feelings when someone dies a peaceful death. The first time it happened, (I was 16), a good friend of mine was hit by a car while she was walking up a main road. The second time, (I actually made sure to tell someone that it was an ominous day), someone I went to school with had been killed in a horrible plane crash.

I've gotten these strong feelings also before:

a girl I knew died in a car accident,
a young boy (friend of the family) was in a horrible accident,
a girl that went to bootcamp with me died from a sudden illness
when my grandfather died a painful death.
and before my father died.

In most of these circumstances, I've turned to someone and said, "This is a very ominous day."

I feel weird, akward and sometimes guilty for these feelings. I can't explain it, but when I was younger, I felt almost like I was some kind of curse. It's as though I get feelings about people's destinies. It is very hard for me to articulate.

It's like my ex-boyfriend. My husband couldn't understand why I always wondered about him (normal concern, I guess!). Anyway, I googled, googled, and found nothing. I was always worried about something horible happening to him. I even checked the news to see if he was involved in accidents on a regular basis. I would see that a tragic accident happened in my home town, my heart would skip a beat, I'd find out it wasn't him, then I'd move on.

Well, one day, I used MSN instead of Google. I found out he was in a serious car accident which caused extensive damage, but he survived. Somehow, I feel at peace now. I have absolutely no residual concern, other than the normal concern one has for such people.

There were also other incidents that weren't as clear as the ones I've mentioned.

Post subject: Hi, all
PostPosted: January 16th, 2007, 5:49 pm 

Linda, I'm very sorry for your mom having cancer and it's great though you were able to find her cherished items. I've lost four items in our house recently and it's making me really annoyed since they are important to me.

l. One silver earring with pink crystals.
2. A chapbook of my poems that I wrote and was given to me as a gift.
3. Samples of Christmas cards that I wrote the greetings for.
4. My hubby's book on auto repairs.

Sometimes when I can't find something I'll say "Please give it back," out loud in the air and amazingly it's returned, but not lately. Sure wish I could get them back and it's so frustrating because they're somewhere in our bedroom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2007, 10:59 pm 

fillerlady: Turn your mattress. That's a thought that just popped into my head - I have no idea if I'm any good at finding things at a distance. It's funny though - I haven't checked this forum in over a year and today I did. Also, I have a lucky feeling about pockets. Let me know if you find your things, okay?

Post subject: Thanks so much,
PostPosted: February 5th, 2007, 12:18 am 

Linda. I'll definitely check out what you mentioned. Most appreciated. Much good luck, everyone.

Hugs, susie