Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently June 23rd, 2017, 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cassadaga, Florida
PostPosted: June 25th, 2004, 5:03 pm 

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever visited the Spiritualist Camp at Cassadaga, Florida, and if so, what was your experience like?

Thanks,
Nancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2004, 10:17 am 

Hi Nancy.

We're you thinking about attending? There are sites on the web concerning spiritulist retreats that you can investigate. I don't remember this one, but you can check to see if it's accredited through the ISA and the ASA (( Independent spiritualist association, and the American Spiritualist Association.)) If so its a pretty safe bet your not getting in over your head with something you might not feel comforable with. I'm a spiritulist and I've heard favorable things about their retreats although have never attended one. They do vary however, because spiritulism is so ecletic. Some congregations are gnostically themed, acknowledging both God and Goddess some are run more traditional christianity but without the dogma aspects. I think I simply googled my info on the retreats by using 'spiritulist churches, USA.

Good luck and if you attend let us know how you liked it.

row

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2004, 6:34 am 

Row,

Thanks for your reply. Cassadaga is a permanent community of mediums. It's been in existence for about a hundred years.

I checked their website, and it appears that they're not affiliated with any national organization, although they do have a link to the National Spiritualists Association of Churches (NSAC) website on their links page.

I'm curious about Cassadaga, and I was hoping someone might have a personal experience to share about going there. We're trying to decide if the drive would be worth it (over eight hours from where we live). [I'm sure Angela will snicker when she reads that, in the midst of her 44-day road trip!]

-- Nancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2004, 2:32 pm 

Thanks, but what I'm looking for are names of Cassadaga mediums with whom people have had extremely accurate readings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2004, 3:33 pm 

Don't know if they'll give you accurate readings - but here's a list of 'em.

http://www.cassadaga.org/mediums.htm

John

Post subject: Cassadega
PostPosted: August 21st, 2004, 10:00 am 

I went to Cassadega in the spring of this year. Because of my experiences with the ghosts, I was looking forward to going very much. Had a hard time finding it but once there had an interesting experience.

Because of the nature of Cassadega, my friend who is mentoring me, a very powerful psychic since childhood, suggested I use my intuition to select the person to do my reading. Therefore I walked the main street until I got a vibration from the individuals homes. Readings can be arranged at the bookstore there as well. I ended up at the Purple Rose bookstore, couple of doors down from the post office. The set up readings in there as well and the woman I sat with was very accurate, but it was not a mediumship type of reading I had done. I think her name was Gavin, but I can't seem to find her card.

Anyway, I experienced Cassadega as a very draining place for my intuitive energy. I could literally feel it being drawn down into the ground there. After doing some research, I discovered it is built on ancient burial grounds and I got the distinct impression that the spirits there were NOT happy about this development. I think they are very active there but it is because they are disturbed.

For what it is worth, that was my experience there. I will not go back because of that draining force. My friend also had the draining experience there, but perhaps it only affects those with heightened sensitivity. Hope this helps you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2004, 4:25 pm 

Dale,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience at Cassadaga. It's good to know that you did get a very accurate reading. Sorry about the energy drain you and your friend felt! Don't know if I would notice anything like that, since I'm not at all psychically gifted.

If you find that lady's card, or remember her name, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. If you don't want to post it here, you can send me a PM through this board.

Thanks again,
Nancy