Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently June 23rd, 2017, 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 16th, 2004, 3:44 am 

This particular experience took place in a hotel in Sri Lanka. I found the guy who ran the hotel a little odd, and I felt that he knew that I thought he was a little odd. My room felt strange, particularly the doorway which, when my imagination was at its wildest, felt like some kind of portal.

Several nights passed in this room with me looking at the doorway in the darkness, convinced that something was going to happen as a result of that door. As the days passed the hotelier continued to give me these ‘understanding’ looks, which I continued to ignore.

On the fifth night I awoke to a vision of a man in my room in front of the doorway. He was clearly a local man, screaming and dripping in blood and excrement. The mosquito net between the man and me felt like a shield and I was oddly unafraid. After a brief period I closed my eyes, reopening them to my original empty room. I slept a confused sleep.

The next morning the hotelier was waiting for me at the end of the hallway. ‘Did you experience anything last night?’ he said. I replied in the negative, thinking it prudent to keep such wild visions to myself. ‘A local man was murdered outside this hotel last night,’ he said, and walked off. I left it at that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2004, 12:38 pm 

Yikes! The eeriest thing though to me is the guy who ran the hotel ... from your description seems like he knew you would know/experience something, even before the murder. Do you think he was the "spiritual" connection of some kind (bad kind I would guess), or the hotel itself? I wouldn't have wasted time to to get out of there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2004, 4:02 pm 

In retrospect I have come to the realisation that much of the business in alternate/higher realities operates beyond the rather naïve notions we have in consensus reality of ‘good, ‘bad’ and the like. In this sense the hotelier was simply witness to the fact that there was an unusual amount of psychic energy in the atmosphere and that I was also picking up on it. I probably knew this intuitively at the time which is why I wasn’t too freaked out by the vision or the hotelier. ‘Everything as it should be’.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2004, 4:07 pm 

Oh shivermetimbers! After having seen that vision, I would have slept in the hotel lobby. Scary, scary, scary!

Marie