Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently May 28th, 2017, 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Prophetic Last Words
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2004, 3:05 pm 

Howdy all! :)

My children's great grandmother (related only to me by marriage to my ex) was in a nursing home for years. She'd go visit her son some weekends, but spent most of her time in that home. She even told her life story to two of her nieces one year and they typed it up and made copies for family members. She'd arrived in Texas in a covered wagon when she was a little girl.

She was happy to wait until it was her time to go, but looked forward to "going home."

Anyway, one morning she was unusually excited and told her nurse, "I'm going home today."

And she did.

:)

Hugs,
Angela

Post subject: Last Words
PostPosted: August 31st, 2004, 2:42 pm 

Hello,

My visiting grandmother, well into her eighties, insisted that I go with her for a walk one afternoon. After we were out of eye and ear shot of my mother's house, she stopped and said, "I want to say good-bye to you, I'll be going this year and this is the last time I'll see you. I asked you on this walk as I can't talk freely around your mother - you know how she is about this kind of thing." She died within the year, and it was the last time I saw her.

This came as no surprise to me, as she had always made it clear to me that there was an afterlife. Previously to our walk, she had decided it was time to go when she was in her late seventies as she felt she had served her purpose on earth and was "taking up space." She longed to go and be with her family and friends. While rocking in her chair with her eyes closed and a pleased expression on her face, she would often tell me that she heard her true love, Fred S., calling her to him.

She then set about trying to become ill and die. She visited every infectious person she could find to no avail. She then began walking in the cold rain and finally succeeded in becoming deathly ill. As she later reported to me, as she was rushing down a "tunnel" with her family and friends waiting for her at the end, she heard her daughter-in-law (who was also her nurse) calling her back. "Gall darn you, Trish! I was almost there! Next time, don't call me back!" she angrily cursed Trish. Trish, an old hand at the death bed, calmly replied that she knew that she was about to cross over and didn't feel it was her time to go.

When she finally did die, she died of heart failure. I have never shed a tear or felt any sort of grief over her death: I have only felt happiness for her as I know she is where she wanted to be. She left me so full of her spirit that I have never felt her to be absent

Leslie

Post subject: Crossing over
PostPosted: October 10th, 2004, 12:50 am 

My wife's grandmother was in her 90's and in a rest home. I had developed a close relationship with her, and loved talking with her about living in Los Angeles and Ensenada during the early part of this century. One night, I woke up feeling a presence in the bedroom. I looked toward a mirror over the dresser and could see a dark shape, not a person, but something that was there. It moved slightly side to side and then disappeared. I went back to sleep without thinking more about it. The next morning, we got a call from the rest home where she lived, letting us know she passed away during the night. I got goose bumps thinking about the visit from the dark form the night before. I have always felt that she came to say good-bye.

Post subject: Prophetic Last Words
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2004, 8:01 pm 

The last words of all my family members on my father's side is always, "I'll see you in a little while." And they mean it.

Here's a link to an article I wrote about it.

http://www.emergency-nurse.org/clinical ... istmas.htm

robinrenee

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2004, 5:29 am 

My Mom and I were pretty close...I was the "Mama's Girl" (at least I felt that way). Earlier this year I experienced a very odd thing. I was sleeping, in the middle of a dream (I don't remember what it was now) and, out of the blue, my Mom shows up in it. I remember looking at her and asking her what she was doing there. She told me that she had come to say good bye.
Well, I woke up that morning pretty shaken. I waited until I knew my Mom would be up (she was in Oregon, me in Tennessee) and I called. She was fine. I told her about the dream and we talked about other things.

My mother died last month. November 11 - Veteran's Day. She was 61.

Maybe it was a coincidence. Maybe not. I really don't know...