Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently April 29th, 2017, 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My experience
PostPosted: September 15th, 2004, 10:12 pm 

Hi All,
I only used these boards as a teen, but it was NOT a good experience. In fact, it was terrifying.

What we did was essentially "call back" the spirit of one of my great aunts who had recently died. She came, and we ran like hell.

Anyway, I've never had a good feeling about them, and have never gone near one sense. They seem wrong somehow.

I'd certainly never let one of my kids get one, just based on my experience, though I believe contacting your guardians/spirits/loved ones is fine and something we should all do (and I'm trying to do). Just not this way.

Just my 2¢
Sue

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2004, 11:55 pm 

Once, partly as research for an article I was writing, I had spirit cleansers in. One of them advised me to give up my ouija board, get rid of it, get it out of the house. I thought this was strange because I didn't have a ouija board. They were certain that they felt the low energy of a ouija board in the place. This mystified me until I remembered that I had a shareware ouija on my computer.

Odd that they knew about that when I had forgotten. (I did delete it off my machine. To my knowledge, though, it hadn't caused any trouble.)

Ouija boards are unprotected portals (IMO). Anything can gate in. Another thing that gets some people into trouble is automatic writing. Same reason. It can be likened to the Internet. If you don't have blocks or filters on your e-mail, anything can get through. Communicating with spirits safely means getting into a calmer, more spiritual frame of mind and having some kind of protection, whether an amulet, circle of protection, or whatever.

Hmm. I just realized something. I've been trying to do some manifestation recently, and I haven't been doing it within a circle of protection, and all sorts of things have gone wrong lately. Maybe that's my problem.

Another odd story about the ouija board. I had one when I was a teenager, and me and my friends did play with it. I asked the board who I would marry. It spelled out "NATHAN." Ten years later, I married a man called Jonathan. He was definitely low energy! Most nightmarish years I've ever had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2004, 7:30 pm 

My mother bought a ouija board at a garage sale many years ago and we used it together. I even tried it by myself and I talked to someone. My mother just passed away recently (Sept. 16th) and I brought it out the other day and I think I was talking to her. She answered questions that were plaguing me and made me feel better about some things. We've had this board for many years and nothing bad has ever happened. I don't know if it worked because I was hoping it would but I really do believe that I talked to her. After reading this forum I'm a little worried but I do plan to use it again, like I said, nothing bad has ever happened to anyone that has used this particular board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2004, 8:52 pm 

HI,
I'm glad to hear that the board has always worked for you and I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how it is to need answers and I'm glad what you heard was comforting to you.

I would just suggest that when you use the board again, ask for protection from anyone you don't want using it to communicate with you. That couldn't hurt, could it? And then, if the board is truly beign then a simple prayer won't change anything either.

I know it's not logical to feel the way I do about them, but I have such a strong, almost visceral reaction to what they bring in… it's not sensible, but it's there.

I hope you find comfort for your pain right now, and wish you well,
Sue

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 16th, 2004, 2:07 am 

Hi Sue,
I will ask for protection before I use the board next time. Is it possible that I'm talking to my mother or am I just wishing for some kind of answers to the questions I'm asking? Could this be my subconsious talking? I want to believe that I'm talking to her but I just don't know. I miss her so much, she was like my best friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 16th, 2004, 4:48 am 

Patti,
It could honestly be your subconcious. It is very difficult to clear your mind before using a Ouija board and that would come through while using one. But then again it could be your Mom.
I wish I could be more helpful.

Bonnie

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2004, 7:58 am 

like many others's experience on the forum, as a young adult/student nurse - living in the nurses home, myself and a group of friends tried using 'oujii' for a laugh. We just cut out letters and used a tabletop. And it was an awful experience. We made contact, (though kinda believed one of us was pushing the glass. ) Evil words and curses were spelled out. Messages such as 'so and so' was going to die. We were petrified. One of the girls got really into it and began doing it alone in her room. She started becoming a bit weird.
Just a passing phase though. What i don't understand is, why would you use it? Of all the ways to get in touch with spirits, why a ouji board? Given the negative messages we received, I personally thought it was a bit dangerous, especially when used by impressionable young kids. But then i know hee-haw about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2004, 6:31 pm 

I'm a dyed in the wool skeptic and not a believer in the supernatural. But I did have kind of an interesting experience with a oija board when I was in college. Someone picked up a board someplace, I don't remember where, and some of my friends and I played around with it from time to time, but never really got much of a response from it. One night, we had just started using the board when a friend of ours came by our dorm room. He had been out at the bars and had been drinking a lot and was quite wasted. As soon as he came in the room, the board started to act differently; I was one of the people operating it, and for the first time I felt like I could actually feel something going on with the pointer. Our drunk friend was belligerent about the whole Oija board thing; and then it started to spell out something, a word that it spelled out with a couple of different spelling variations. This word was very significant to our drunk friend. He started to cry hysterically and then he ran out of the room.

After he left, whatever we were talking to was still on the line. We asked who or what it was and it spelled out "The Captain." After that, whatever we would ask it, it just kept saying "Die," "Die," "Die" over and over. We couldn't get anything else out of it that evening and eventually gave up. Later we asked our friend about what the board had spelled out, and he said it was the nick-name of his mother, who had died when he was a kid. This was definitely not something that I or my roommate (the other operator) had any way of knowing.

We played around it a few more times but never had any kind of a response from it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2004, 10:44 pm 

I remember aother time we were playing around with the Ouija board whn I was in my teens. I asked, "What's your name?" It spelled out: O-U-I-J-A-S-T-U-P-I-D

Very rude spirits!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 18th, 2004, 2:06 pm 

Harry, you lost your standing as a skeptic with that one. You are definately on the inside track after that experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 21st, 2004, 1:41 am 

Well, I would say that I am still skeptical about supernatural claims in general. I've never really known what to make of my oija board experience; it is something that happened but that is hard to figure out exactly what it means. There could be a perfectly conventional explanation, even if I don't know what it is. Maybe my roommate actually knew this nick-name somehow, or maybe the two of them were playing a joke on me. Maybe our drunk friend was in a heightened sense of suggestibility. I'm a materialist who had a strange experience, but not quite strange enough to really change my world-view.