Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently July 27th, 2017, 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trippy
PostPosted: May 8th, 2004, 7:44 pm 

Ok guys--here we go...I am on my book tour. One of my stops was my hometown of 20 yrs. Because I knew I was going home I put together a scrap book to take with me so people could see where I live now, what my girls look like, etc. I just "randomly" picked pictures. One of the photos I put Iin there was a photo of a foster baby I had when she was 6 wks-6mos. 'She was adopted by someone I knew but I havent seen either of them in 10 years or more. I thought it was weird I even put her photo in my scrap book.

I was speaking at a workshop to promote my book when I looked up and there was the lady who adopted her with this beautiful young lady with her! It was my Kaylee at 15 years old!! I had the scrap book with me and there was her photo in it! I never expected to see her again MORELESS at my workshop! Maybe I knew all along I'd see her! sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2004, 10:57 am 

That is incredible, Sandy! I am so happy for you!! I'd have love to have seen your face when you saw her while in the middle of a presentation! ;)

Hugs!
Angela

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2004, 8:02 pm 

How lovely! Once again, proof that everything does happen for a reason.

-- Nancy

Post subject: trippy
PostPosted: May 10th, 2004, 9:12 am 

Here's another one from Mothers Day. (This is Sandra L. Brown alias Willow). I am on my tour still and now 1.5 hours south of my previous hometown. I invited my mom down for Mothers Day. She asked if she could bring a friend and I hestiated because I wanted "just us" time and I didnt even know this lady. But something in me said to say 'yes' so I said yes.

On the way down to me, they made a 'last minute decision' to go to an outlet mall even though it would make them late for getting here. While they were in the mall, a woman approached my mom's friend and said "Are you Bonnie? I am Debbie your ex daugther in law." Debbie had divorced her son and took their baby 24 years ago and this lady had never seen them nor could find them. Debbie lives in Oklahoma and this happened in FL! She then said "Would you like to meet your grandson?" and brought the 25 year old man to her side. What a gift on Mothers Day. Turns out the grandson is living in Bonnies community going to graduate school. If I had said NO, would this have happened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 10th, 2004, 2:44 pm 

Wow, Sandy, that is a tough question -- one that goes right to the heart of the whole predestination vs. free will debate.

I believe that we are born with a "soul program" we're supposed to complete while on earth, but I also believe that the fact that we don't know what that program is and that we're given free will in our actions, means we may or may not complete it.

If you had said no to your mom about bringing her friend along, did that mean she would never have connected with her grandson? I don't think so, IF it was part of their soul programs to meet again.

You were given the opportunity to be generous and gracious, and you took advantage of that opportunity, thereby earning some karmic brownie points.

However, if you had chosen otherwise, I think they still would have had another opportunity to meet, because the missed opportunity this time wouldn't have been caused by their own actions.

When you start trying to figure out how karma works in relation to all the people with whom you come in contact in your life, it's enough to make your brain explode. :-)

-- Nancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 12th, 2004, 11:05 am 

Sandy? Angela? Marie? Somebody?

I was looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Sandy's question of whether or not that lady and her grandson would have gotten together again if the Mother's Day meeting hadn't occurred.

Hugs,
Nancy

Post subject: Re: Trippy
PostPosted: May 12th, 2004, 12:15 pm 

I'm so thrilled for you, Sandra!
Sending you big hugs...

Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 12th, 2004, 12:18 pm 

Guest Writer wrote:
Sandy? Angela? Marie? Somebody?

I was looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Sandy's question of whether or not that lady and her grandson would have gotten together again if the Mother's Day meeting hadn't occurred.

Hugs,
Nancy

Nancy,
Sorry for taking so long to respond. I'm afraid I have no answer. Your explanation did make my head want to explode.<G> I do believe everything happens for a reason. To an extent I believe that one action results in a chain reaction. Would the mother have reconnected? I don't know. I hope someone has a more intelligent response.

Hugs,
Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 13th, 2004, 3:42 pm 

Marie,

Thank you for responding! I'm sorry I gave you a headache :-), and I hope I didn't drive everyone else away from this thread. It's just that this type of thing is a special interest of mine.

I've been studying/reading about karma and reincarnation for years. I do believe, also, that everything happens for a reason. But when I try to combine those beliefs, I get tripped up.

I imagine some big spiritual flow chart, with probabilities of things occurring based on the free will of the individuals involved. But the chart is covered in sticky notes, because people keep making decisions that throw the whole thing off track! :-)

Hugs,
Nancy

Post subject: Trippy
PostPosted: May 17th, 2004, 6:37 pm 

Here was another weird trippy thing. I woke up this morning and the first "word" I heard in my head was Todd Rungren (the old rock and roll star). I thought this was weird because I didnt listen to his music so why am I EVEN thinking about him? I drove to a radio station where I was being interviewed for my next book.

The woman who was interviewing me did our first 15 min increment and while we were off air, she said "I am interviewing Todd Rungren next week. I dont even know why I am telling you this. Do you even know who he is?" I laughed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2004, 8:48 pm 

Hi everybody. Angela here. Sorry for my absence. We took off for a camping trip on Wednesday and ended up at a campsite on Friday with no Internet access. My goodness, was that ever fun! No computer for 2 1/2 days!! And, when we got home today, I turned on my computer, and it turned itself off, and I turned it back on and it turned itself off...etc. etc. So, we had to run out and buy a new laptop for me, and it took Richard hours to load all my old stuff on the machines. Thank heavens Richard has my laptop set to backup to an external drive every day at 6:00 p.m.!

Anyway, here I am!! :)

This is a great topic and one I have opinions on, but it's a very hard thing to understand.

I do believe with no doubts that all things work together for good. But, I also believe that we have enough free will to alter from our chosen path if we choose to do so. I do believe that we all plan our lives before we come here and that when things really start to go askew, it means we've veered too far off our path. If we mess up one thing, I think we may, on occasion, be given the opportunity to retrace our steps where we've stepped off our path.

I believe that the woman and her ex-daughter-in-law were destined to run into each other, whether it happened on that day in that mall, or another day at another place. However, the fact that it happened on that day under those unusual circumstances may mean it was all part of the master plan in each individual's life in that day.

I feel that there are so many bizarre coincidences in our lives that there's just no way they can be dismissed as chance. It's a comforting thought. :)

Hugs!
Angela

P.S. The print version of the book is out! Yippee!!
REAL STORIES OF SPIRIT COMMUNICATION: When Loved Ones Return After Crossing Over - http://www.booklocker.com/books/1541.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2004, 10:59 am 

Nancy,
You didn't scare me off this discussion. Makes me want to learn more. I'm reading a biography on Conrad Richter. He was driven by beliefs of fate, karma, things happening for a reason. He saw a sign in everything.Sometimes he was afraid of making a move or decision for fear of upsetting the entire balance, changing his fate. Fascinating stuff!

I had a "woohoo trippy moment" last week. I was washing dishes one evening after a not so great day at work. I'm temping at a law firm. I expressed my frustration noisily--Is this all there is? I need to do something more with my life. As I was ranting, my son answered the phone. A woman with whom I had never spoken asked for me. She was offering me a job. Her office manager had interviewed me for a position, but she didn't hire me. When she heard Liz was looking for someone, the OM gave her my name. Better position, much more money. This would be a major career move, something that I had kicked around for a while but didn't have the courage to do it. This job will give me the cushion I need to do it while I will be learning from one of the best in the business. It's a win-win. After talking by phone all week, we agreed to meet face-to-face this weekend. We hit it off immediately (her dog and cat gave their approval immediately <G>) and now we're working on the logistics of this move.
Had to share...
Hugs, Marie

Post subject: Re: Trippy
PostPosted: May 18th, 2004, 11:00 am 

Willow wrote:
Here was another weird trippy thing. I woke up this morning and the .

Yup Willow, I'd say that's trippy. Woohoo!

Marie

Post subject: Fantastic!!!
PostPosted: May 19th, 2004, 1:39 pm 

Congratulations, Marie! I'm so happy for you!

You just never know how things will turn out, do you? But when you follow your instincts and do what feels right, everything does seem to work together for good, as Angela said.

Obviously, you didn't get the original job you applied for because there was something much better for you just waiting to happen!

May this opportunity be everything you hope it will be!

Hugs,
Nancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2004, 1:48 pm 

Welcome back, Angela!

Sorry your laptop died, but isn't it nice that you could go right out and buy a new one?

I, too, have always believed that things tend to "work together for good" in my own life.

The only time I have a problem with that concept is when horrible tragedies such as 9/11 occur.

Hugs,
Nancy