Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently June 28th, 2017, 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How do you make contact?
PostPosted: May 1st, 2004, 12:13 pm 

Lots of us have stumbled upon ways that seem to work for us in our journey to make contact with our loved one.

Can you all share methods you've tried that youve had success with?

For me, meditation is the primary way I can initiate contact. However, I often experience things when I'm not meditating. But, those things happen when I'm not seeking contact; usually just happen out of the blue.

My standard meditation is easy and quite fast, much like self-hypnosis. First, I say a prayer of protection. I then count backward from ten slowly, exhaling deeply with each number, and imagine myself getting more and more relaxed as I get closer to the number one. I also imagine my entire body relaxing from the top of my head down to the tips of my toes. By the time I get to one, I'm completely relaxed. I then may ask for contact with a specific person (they almost never comply), or I watch events unfold in my mind's eye, or I try to focus on the images flashing through my mind - that's really hard because they go so fast.

I'm just an infant in this and learning each day, so would love to hear others' experiences!

Please share your wisdom, everybody. :)

Post subject: contact
PostPosted: May 1st, 2004, 1:34 pm 

Nothing works when I try. I just get side-swipped when I am NOT paying attention. Hey--maybe that's key: Pay more attention and they stay away (if you want them to stay away..) Dissociate MORE and have more contact!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2004, 12:36 pm 

I know. I have many more experiences when I'm not trying to make any contact than I do when I am trying.

For example, the other day, while shopping for a new bike for me, I had a fleeting thought that it would be cool when we finally have one for me so we can all ride together to Coffee Express for frozen coffees. The thing is...we haven't been to Coffee Express in several months, not since last summer, so I wasn't sure why that particular place popped into my head while I was testing a bike in the aisle at Toys R Us.

My cell phone rang and it was Ali, calling to tell me that she and Frank had just ridden their bikes to Coffee Express for frozen coffees. If you'd stopped me in Toys R Us and asked me what Ali and Frank were up to while we were shopping, I'd have been clueless. But, my intuitive/subconscious mind knew where they were. No matter how many times this happens, I am always stunned when it does!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 10:57 am 

Angela,
Thanks for starting this thread. I'm very interested in various techniques of meditation and contact.
About the bike and phone call...It's spooky but also neat. Do you keep a journal of these things?
Looking forward to reading more responses on this subject.
Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 5:13 pm 

I've decided to start documenting my experiences here rather than in a journal. That way...I remember to WRITE IT DOWN. ;)

Please, everybody else do the same!!

You know, I could drop all my other hobbies (and work!) and study this topic forever and never grow bored with it. Too bad we have bills to pay. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2004, 8:04 pm 

Write it down! Yep, thats what I am going to do. Everyday things happen that are so conicedence. Little things like knowing the neighbors car is going to drive down the street at an unusual time. Or the phone is going to ring. Or knowing who is calling. I don't answer it if its a sales call, I let the machine get it. Its just silly stuff, but I am going to keep a journel.

Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2004, 10:22 pm 

Meditation is great, however you can get in the zone. If you try medding try specifically to contact your guide or other spirits, try doing it at the same time every day. Dawn, dusk, noon.

A journal is great, keep one for a couple of months and you'll start to see patterns emerge.

row

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2004, 8:47 pm 

Hi,
Boy am I glad you started this thread as I am interested in this as well. I've recently lost someone very close to me and I'd like to try and maintain some type of contact.

I'm not one to meditate on a regular basis, but I do find that those techniques let you relax and focus on the images racing by in your head. Sometimes I pray, which brings me much peace, and then the answer just seems to be there. Other times I try to remember the sound of her voice… as hard as I can until I can almost hear it.

And then most often, like you all, things just happen out of the blue, when I'm not even looking for it or thinking about anything in particular. Other times, I will be thinking about a person and have some contact with them, as if the thought previewed the contact.

Also, has anyone noticed that connections between certain people (living and passed) come so much easier than others? For those we share a conection with, it doesn't seem to be so hard.

Just my thoughts, looking forward to reading more of yours!
Sue

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2004, 12:06 pm 

Sue,

We tend to have a lot of overlapping threads in this forum, so I thought I'd copy an earlier post of mine, here::

As far as contact from the other side goes, I've had lots of visits from beloved, departed kitties. Many times, when I'm lying across my bed reading, I'll feel one of them jump up on the bed and walk across it to where I am.

My most direct contact from a departed human has been from my father. On his birthday a few years ago, I woke up thinking about him and missing him very much. I asked him to give me a sign to let me know that he was aware that I still loved him.

An hour or so later, I went out to my computer and turned it on. I had not left any print jobs in the queue from the night before, but as soon as I powered up, the printer started whirring and out came a single page. On it was a tiny heart in the upper left hand corner, way outside the boundaries of my default page set-up. I immediately understood that my dad was answering my request and saying that he still loved me, too!

A few months later, I was thinking about that incident, and a doubt or two started to creep in. I was sitting in a room across the hall from my office, nowhere near my computer. As the thought "I wonder if that really was my father" formed in my mind, I heard the printer start up! I ran into my office, and there was an identical single page, with the same tiny heart in the same place!

(By the way, I've tried to duplicate that heart in that position and have been totally unable to do it.)

-- Nancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2004, 12:39 pm 

Nancy,
That is just an amazing story. What a wonderful gift he gave you, and continues to give.

My aunt (more second mother and friend than elderly aunt), who passed seven months ago, seems to be sending me little messages (nothing to match your story, but undenyable all the same) when I need them most. I truly believe she is stilll with me, a part of my life, and knows how much I love and miss her.

I keep her picture close by, and look at it every day. Sometimes I can almost hear her voice.

Speaking of other threads, I listed some coincidences that have occurred since her death, that I was wondering about. I wasn't sure they were signs or just my over-active, wishful imagination. The replies on that thread seem to support the idea that she is trying to make contact with me, which I believe in my heart, but needed the reinforcement of other opinions, since I often doubt myself.

Most recently, on our annual family summer vacation (which began on her birthday) my daughter became fast friends with another girl — named Helen (her name and not a common one for kids these days). My heart skipped a beat when I heard the chidl's name, and I felt certain that my aunt was trying to tell me she's still with me.

Just a few weeks later, a beautiful butterfly fluttered by me while at the ocean on the beach. It was so close that it almost touched my cheek and then it was gone, nowhere in sight. I've heard such sightings can be messages from "the other side" and I think that's what this was.

Anyway, sorry for rambling and thanks for sharing your wonderful story.

Take care,
Sue

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2004, 5:20 am 

Sue,

I'm sure your dear aunt knows how much you miss her and is sending signs to let you know she's still a part of your life.

Have you tried asking her for something that your rational mind couldn't question? I don't know for sure how difficult it is to send messages from the other side, but I've heard it's not all that easy. ( I think that's why my dad sent the little heart, instead of printing out a message in words!) But it never hurts to ask. She might be able to oblige.

In another thread, Krupp asked for reading recommendations, and I suggested the book, Hello From Heaven by Bill and Judy Guggenheim. Have you read it? It's all about the different types of signs people have received.

Hugs,
Nancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2004, 2:01 pm 

Hi Nancy,
Thanks so much for your kind words. I truly believe that she knows how I feel now, as she did in life. She's been a part of my life for so long that it seems impossible to imagine going on without her. It just seems wrong — as if something's missing that can't be replaced.

I have tried, a couple of times, to ask her for help with a specific issue, but to no avail. I've also asked her to watch over my children (who she knew and loved as well), and know that if she can do this, she surely will. Maybe my specific requests aren't things she can help with… or maybe she's helping others with probelms that are more pressing than the things I ask.

I remember my sister-in-law telling me of a dream she'd had of her own mother (who's passed some years ago) some short time after her mother's death. In the dream Lori told her daughter that she was happy, and that she was involved in helping people with thier problems. After 9/11 we saw a photo in People magazine of the crowds walking over the bridge in NYC. Right at the head of the crowd was a woman who looked AMAZINGLY like my mother-in-law. Not just a little bit, but EXACTLY like her, right down to the clothes and purse. It's comforting to think that during that terrible time, perhaps spirits from the other side were there with people, helping them in their final moments.

As to the book you mentioned (I saw the list in that other thread, too), I haven't read it, but will definitely put it on my list. Perhaps I'll find some other signs that I haven't even considered in there. Someone told me a few — lights flickering, scents that remind you of the departed person, butterflies in unexpected places. I'm sur there are more.

And again, I think your story is truly amazing. If something like that happened to me, I know I would have to believe it was from my aunt. There is no other explanation.

Maybe I'll leave the computer on for a bit and see what happens...

Thanks again and take care,
Sue