Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently July 25th, 2017, 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 20th, 2004, 11:56 am 

Sandy wrote:

Let's move this conversation here:

Ok, now that I feel safe to talk about this amongst you guys---I dont know what you call what I can do. People use me to "feel" their land. I walk land/houses and can fell thru my feet past events or bad stuff.

As an adolscent, I knew my bedroom had spirits in it. And I feel them in houses too. But this is different, as an adult I had this occur:

A church offered me the use of an outbuilding for my counseling center. I went over to meet the pastor there and was walking out on the acreage towards the building when I felt weird sensations in my feet. Then I began to weep. I was distressed and began praying where I was when I broke out in sweats and more weeping. Then I began to get scripture addresses in my head. I wrote them on a piece of paper and then went and looked them up. Every scripture was about the words "land, dirt, blood, or defilement." I told the pastor that something very bad had happened on that land and that he needed to "clean it". (Didnt go over big to this christian pastor). I told him it was cursed.

He told me that EVERY SINGLE church on that site had failed and he was like the 5th or 6th one there and they werent doing well. I told him he needed to find out what happened there. He said well, "John P___ built this church I will ask him." I knew who John P__was so I called him. I said "John, you built that church. The land feels really bad and I got scriptures that confirmed something bloody happened there. Do you know anything about the history of the land?"

He said, "My gpa owned all this land. As kids, we would sit up on the hill at his house that looked down on this land and we would watch the KKK crosses burn...I know people were murdered here on those crosses..." Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2004, 12:21 pm 

Clairsentience is experiencing other realities or entities through touch. Psychometry is reading the history of an object (or the person who owns it) through touch. They're both kind of the same thing, I guess. :)

I'm going to repaste my psychometry experience here so it'll be under the correct topic.

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:33 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

Regarding symbols:

I experience these when I meditate, but they often go so fast (like a movie on super fast-forward) that it's really hard to grasp them all.

I did some psychometry in my mediumship class and that was very successful and a lot of fun. When I did that, the images came through much slower and I was able to see the image and remember most of them by the time it was my turn to speak. Almost everything I saw was verified by the person who owned the item. We'd all put our personal items in a box so we didn't know who we were reading until the end of the class.

One thing that stood out in my mind was that I saw a small tree with candy on it that was so shiny that I knew it wasn't real; that it was plastic or painted with shiny paints. I specifically told the group it looked so real, but it was not. I said, "You can't eat it. It's ornamental." I also saw the words Be Be in my mind and a stormy beach. What caught my attention about the beach was that it was really cloudy, but not raining...those dark blue clouds that are so dark blue they're beautiful. I've seen that color in Maine, but never saw clouds that color in Texas. Not sure why. There was more, but I can't remember everything now. Wish I'd written it down.

The woman whose object I was holding had lived on Martha's Vineyard, near the beach, year ago. She lived there when a bad hurricane passed nearby. Her initials were B.B. (her name is Beth). And, while she lived there, she worked in a toy store as their window dresser (the plastic candy tree decoration).

When people first learn how to do this, they often try to inteprete the signs instead of giving them. When I saw "Be Be" in my mind, I thought it was french for 'baby.' I even stated that while I was telling the group what I'd seen that I thought it meant "Be Be." That was a mistake as I learned later. You're supposed to let the recipient interpret the messages. I told the group I thought it meant 'baby' and Beth told the group, "No, B.B. are my initials."

Anyway, that's one of my psychometry experiences. Anyone else done psychometry? I'd love to start a group here of people who'd like to try it. We can send small items to each other (sealed, written letters work very well, but we'd not be able to include any specific information, of course). Anybody interested?

-Angela

P.S. My book will be in print probably within the next week. I'm waiting for the print galley to arrive. :)

Post subject: Mediumship
PostPosted: April 25th, 2004, 12:14 am 

Hi guys,

It's me again. Seems my "hot button" is being pushed. I was a founding member in the early 60's of a group called SORRAT at the Univ. of Missouri. It was founded under the guidance of Dr. John G. Neihardt- Poet Laureate of the State of Nebraska and author of "Black Elk Speaks" along with several others and has a bust in the Nebraska Capitol building as well as a day named for him and celebrated statewide.

SORRAT stands for Society for Rapport and Tekekenisis and was patterned after the processes begun by Dr J.B. Rhine of Duke Univ. under the heading of Parapsychology.

The experiments started in 1961 and continue to today. Several books on the results have been published and more are in the works. While I took part in some of the early work, I had to drop out to be a "responsible adult" (Yeech). Some of what I took part in was a bit unsettling, from tables that levitated (photos exist) to "Bridie Murphy" like past life voyages through hypnosis and drug inducements. Some of these were a bit outre, like the Viking invasion of England or the maid who was burned as a witch. A few of these "voyages" have been investigated and partial verification of some details were obtained.

The SORRAT's still are active and are now dispersed all over the world and have adherants in many spiritual centers in the US.

I guess my point is that you don't have to just rely on faith to validate what you do... there is a group that is gathering scientific evidence that verifies what you are doing

Hugs

Steve

Post subject: Clairsentience
PostPosted: April 25th, 2004, 6:50 pm 

Thanks Angela for the "word" so I could look it up. It sounds sort of like what has occured with me--but not exactly. Maybe I have a blend of things happening.

In addition to the church property, I have been used a couple of times when someone was buying real estate--to the feel the property. I got readings off of that about cult type practices that had occured there.

I spent 15 years working in psychopathology. Alot of it occured within that context. I couldn't really "read" normal people--but let me pass someone really dangerous in the grocery store and my barometer was screaming--I could usually tell their diagnosis and especially sexual trauma and sexual deviancy histories. This grew in intensity and accuracy. A psychiatric hosp used me INSTEAD of psychological testing when they didn't have timeto get the testing done! The psychiatrist would call for me and give me 10 mins with the person to come up with a 4 point working diagnosis and then come present it to the clinical staff. I was rarely wrong.

Finally he asked how I did it. I had viseral reactions in my body to certain diagnosis. Passive Aggressives I felt in the back of my neck, Narcissists in my stomach, Psychopaths on my skin surface, borderlines in my behind!! Sexual trauma would flash in my head of scenes and deviancy was a solar plex reaction. I've never talked about this. Does any of this make sense?? Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2004, 10:49 pm 

Sandy,

That is incredible! I don't envy you that gift! I'd much rather see dead people than have physical reactions to ill people around me. :(

Steve,
Glad you joined us! I'll have the whole world hugging online if I keep at it! ;)
Would love to hear more about your SORRAT experiences!

Off to post to your responses in the animal topic. This is SO MUCH FUN!!

Hugs,
Ang

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 28th, 2004, 7:29 pm 

This is all so fascinating. Can anyone recommend a book, author, or other resource to study this further?
Great discussion...

Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2004, 4:17 pm 

Hello!

I have some experience with psychometry - though probably not as much as some of the other group members.

Angela mentioned starting a little group to do it on the board and that sounds like a lot of fun. I have an idea for a way we could do it.

You can do psychometry off of photographs. If we e-mail each other photographs, we can then post or email our impressions to each other. It would probably be easier than mailing things across the country. Usually you can get good impressions off of a photograph. Have you ever tried this method Angela?

Anyway, its just an idea. I hope its okay to pop in and join the discussion. I teach intuiton online and although we don't do psychometry in class, I'm happy to help if this is something you want to do.

:) Abigail

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2004, 12:25 pm 

You know, I'm not sure if viewing photos online will work (maybe you need to actually hold the photo?) but it's certainly worth a shot!

If you all want to give it a go, you can look at the photo in the link below and tell me what you see.

You should first relax by meditating. Then, once you view the photo, write down your very first impressions (images in your head, feelings, scents, sounds...anything). Don't try to interpret them. Just write down exactly what you see, feel, hear, taste or smell.

You can then post them here - NO READING AHEAD OR SOMEONE ELSE'S IMPRESSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR SUCCESS!! - and I can verify anything you experience.

Let's see...I have gobs of photos online. I'll give you two to choose from:
Photo 1:
http://booklocker.dreamhost.com/photos/ ... wowali.jpg

Photo 2:
http://booklocker.dreamhost.com/photos/ ... rd1103.jpg

If anyone else wants to put up a photo for us to read, please put a link to it here. If you do read a photo, please reference the link to it in your post so we'll all be able to follow along. :)

Post subject: Clairsentience
PostPosted: May 1st, 2004, 1:15 pm 

I tried reading the first photo: Creative, emotionally sensitive which connects with shyness, good IQ.

Second photo: Totally blocked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2004, 1:58 pm 

Reading for second photo (I think it is Richard)

The strongest impression is that he would like to say something that he feels is important to a woman in his life. This woman could be his sister or mother, feels like a blood relative but not his wife, not a romantic relationship. He wants to say something to this woman to make some arrangements about something and it feels like it has to do with land or real estate. Perhaps they own property together that was left in an inheritance?

I also get a slight soreness in my arms and wonder if his arms feel sore too. Feel like he has overlifted something recently and just needs to take it easy. Feels evenly balanced between both arms.

He has a love for exploring, loves to travel. I see the mountains, I see the desert and I see the ocean. He would literally love to travel coast to coast all the time if he could. He does not have an advertursome personality but loves to explore things. A real respect and honor about history. Admires many people in history, not just the big people in history but especially admires those in history that helped to build things.

He is also an excellent long term planner, in his personal and professional life. He gives careful thought to both, wanting the best for everyone. When he makes a plan for the future he considers everyone's thoughts and then makes it. Some may complain he takes forever to make up his mind, but that's because he has like six people in his head all at once.

I get the image of a green car and a red car and feel that he enjoys driving both of these. Or perhaps these were his favorite cars at one time. Either ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2004, 2:05 pm 

I'm sorry my computer was going to shut down, I had to sign off quickly...... lol

Either case, he thinks about these cars in a fond way often.

Well, that's what I get for this man. I'll do the other photo later. I'm very interested to see what the group gets and then what we are told about their personalities!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2004, 12:26 pm 

Hi All,

I'll wait till Friday to tell you more about these people and photos to give everyone a chance to read them. :)

More hugs!
Angela

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 13th, 2004, 1:42 pm 

Hi Angela,

I just thought I would check to see if you had posted feedback on the psychometry readings. Are you posting it this Friday?

Post subject: psychometry
PostPosted: May 15th, 2004, 11:06 am 

Yoo hoo--Angela--come out and play with us. We are waiting for the results to the psychometry quiz!! How close were we??

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2004, 6:29 pm 

angelahoy wrote:
Hi All,

I'll wait till Friday to tell you more about these people and photos to give everyone a chance to read them. :)

More hugs!
Angela

I hope I'm not holding things up here! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have NO abilities in this area. I can hold an antique from the 1800's and get nothing about its previous owners. :-(

I looked at the photos, and all I saw was a youngster having fun on a swing and a man with a kind face. But I'm eager to hear how you guys did!

Hugs,
Nancy