Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently August 27th, 2014, 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My mom is just fine!
PostPosted: May 20th, 2004, 7:03 pm 

I don't dream very often about my mom who has died 18 years ago, but every time I do, she looks just great. She always appears as a younger woman, about thirty years old, who seems to be at peace. In my last dream, I was riding a bus or train and looking out of the window when I happened to see my mom standing with a small crowd of unknown people. Somehow, I was able to get off and run to meet and hug her. Then my dream ended. I was sorry that it did. Perhaps it meant that she is happy and is at peace. I always pray for her and go to Mass every February 14th, the anniversary of her death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2004, 3:46 am 

It must be very comforting to have that confirmation that your mom is well, happy, and waiting to welcome you when it's your time to join her.

I've heard/read that we do go backward or forward, depending on our age at crossing over, to an "optimum age" - usually in the early to mid-30's - while we're on the other side.

Hugs,
Nancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2004, 9:33 am 

I've heard that too!

I've also read that before we go to the physical plane, we make choices regarding our looks, talents, handicaps, and parents. This reminded me of an intuitive feeling that I had as a little girl one day. As I held on to my dad's hand on one side and my mom's on the other, I kept thinking how fortunate I was to have them both.

I've also read that some negative things that happen to a loved one may really be intended to teach important lessons. My mom, for example, who was always thin and il
, endured what appeared to be a stroke and dehydration on the next to the final day of her life. She was taken to the hospital on Thursday night, (Feb. 13, her anniversary), slipped into a coma overnight and was taken to the intensive care unit, where she hung on until late Friday afternoon. All the while, my father kept urging her to wake up, something that she could not do. What was especially tragic about her life was that she never really enjoyed life. Her parents were dirt poor and she and her sister and brothers struggled to help make ends meet. Even when she married, she was more or less stuck where she was.

I cry everytime I think about this, although perhaps I shouldn't. I think it was John Edward who said that spirits of departed loved ones are dismayed and saddened to see their surviving relatives grieving them. They are really well and happy as they wait for their living ones to join them at the end of life on the physical plane. l

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 24th, 2004, 10:15 am 

Every time I see my mom in dreams she looks young and radiant. My sister has said the same... wherever she is she is very obviously happy.

Tanya

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 24th, 2004, 11:07 am 

That is good to hear. Now all these departed souls need are our prayers. May God bless them all!