Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently September 21st, 2014, 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2004, 9:33 am 

Hi All,

Regarding symbols:

I experience these when I meditate, but they often go so fast (like a movie on super fast-forward) that it's really hard to grasp them all.

I did some psychometry in my mediumship class and that was very successful and a lot of fun. When I did that, the images came through much slower and I was able to see the image and remember most of them by the time it was my turn to speak. Almost everything I saw was verified by the person who owned the item. We'd all put our personal items in a box so we didn't know who we were reading until the end of the class.

One thing that stood out in my mind was that I saw a small tree with candy on it that was so shiny that I knew it wasn't real; that it was plastic or painted with shiny paints. I specifically told the group it looked so real, but it was not. I said, "You can't eat it. It's ornamental." I also saw the words Be Be in my mind and a stormy beach. What caught my attention about the beach was that it was really cloudy, but not raining...those dark blue clouds that are so dark blue they're beautiful. I've seen that color in Maine, but never saw clouds that color in Texas. Not sure why. There was more, but I can't remember everything now. Wish I'd written it down.

The woman whose object I was holding had lived on Martha's Vineyard, near the beach, year ago. She lived there when a bad hurricane passed nearby. Her initials were B.B. (her name is Beth). And, while she lived there, she worked in a toy store as their window dresser (the plastic candy tree decoration).

When people first learn how to do this, they often try to inteprete the signs instead of giving them. When I saw "Be Be" in my mind, I thought it was french for 'baby.' I even stated that while I was telling the group what I'd seen that I thought it meant "Be Be." That was a mistake as I learned later. You're supposed to let the recipient interpret the messages. I told the group I thought it meant 'baby' and Beth told the group, "No, B.B. are my initials."

Anyway, that's one of my psychometry experiences. Anyone else done psychometry? I'd love to start a group here of people who'd like to try it. We can send small items to each other (sealed, written letters work very well, but we'd not be able to include any specific information, of course). Anybody interested?

-Angela

P.S. My book will be in print probably within the next week. I'm waiting for the print galley to arrive. :)

Post subject: Re: John Edward Seminars
PostPosted: April 28th, 2004, 12:59 pm 

Guest Writer wrote:
Marie,

If you want a reading from John Edward, you'd do better to save your money and get on his waiting list for a private session. There were 3,500 people at the seminar my husband and I attended! I'm not saying you won't get a reading at a seminar, but the odds are not in your favor.

When John receives those symbols, they're in his head. Is that how you also receive them, or is it external, such as a certain song suddenly being played on the radio, or an unusual bird appearing at your birdfeeder, or the scent of a familiar cologne wafting through your house? Many people experience the latter, not so many the former.

Hugs,
Nancy

Nancy,
sorry it has taken so long to respond. Not enough time in the day. I experience both. Here's a recent development. My husband and I had lunch together last week. Over lunch he told me about a man who works in his building. He's been missing since April 13. I've never met the man, but when my husband told me this, I "saw" in my mind a little man wearing green under water. Husband even said, "Bet he jumped into the river." Sunday I read in the paper that a body had been pulled from the river. Yesterday his identity was confirmed. I'm not putting much into what I "saw." The office building where I work is right on the river, so I don't think it's that unusual that water would have popped into my mind. The little man in green could have been a leprechaun--or just a little man. Turned out the man was Irish. This is a bad example. But things like this happen to me a lot.

Hugs, Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 29th, 2004, 4:07 am 

Marie,

That doesn't sound like a bad example to me! I find the psychic talents that you and Sandy and Angela possess to be fascinating.

Hugs,
Nancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 29th, 2004, 10:17 am 

Guest Writer wrote:
Marie,

That doesn't sound like a bad example to me! I find the psychic talents that you and Sandy and Angela possess to be fascinating.

Hugs,
Nancy

Nancy,
You're too sweet. My so called psychic talents (maybe I'm just crazy? <G>) look piddly compared to Angela's and Sandra's.
Hugs, Marie

Post subject: tv mediums
PostPosted: April 29th, 2004, 8:46 pm 

I dont consider what occurs to be fasinating! It is bothersome, disturbing, and disruptive. If I had choices about it, it might feel diferent. But I don't, so over 40 years I've learned to live with it. But I don't welcome it. Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2004, 3:16 am 

Sandy,

I'm sure if I had gone through what you have, I'd feel the same way you do.

Hugs,
Nancy

Post subject: Mediums
PostPosted: April 30th, 2004, 5:08 pm 

Well I can say it is very hard on relationships. I remember with a boyfriend that I was waiting for him at his house and I had this overwhelming sense that he had been unfaithful as I sat on his couch. The whole house was like buzzing with this message. Then, I sensed where I would find this information. Very purposefully, I went to his closet, to the back where a tall laundry basket was standing with clothes piled on top. I threw the clothes off, opened the laundry basket, saw a computer paper box, opened it, flipped it upside down so all the paper came out, and there were all the letters and cards from her. Then I purposefully walked to his dining room buffet and opened it and under neath all his table linen in a silverware box was his long distance phone bills. There was no searching or looking. I just walked right to it. Then I left the house. THE END.

When I was dating my husband, we AGREED he would stop playing the stock market because he was terrible at it and losing money while we were trying to save for marriage. I was at work and sensed he was doing it. I picked up the phone and dialed his number and ENDED UP being connected to his line even though he was on it--talking to his stock broker! I heard everything. He hates this about me... Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2004, 6:12 pm 

Sandy,

Causes relationship problems? In the case of your former boyfriend, your psychic abilities solved a big problem, by keeping you from wasting any more time on him!

And I imagine knowing about your abilities keeps your husband on his toes, too. :-)

-- Nancy

Post subject: mediums
PostPosted: April 30th, 2004, 7:50 pm 

Yes, in that case it did solve a problem. It's just a weird deal...it's distressing when these "knowing" spells come on. Sometimes I'd rather not knoe. Yeah, denial isn't a good thing. But if I were a guy, I wouldn't date me! Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2004, 11:54 am 

>I picked up the phone and dialed his number and ENDED UP being connected to his line >even though he was on it--talking to his stock broker! I heard everything. He hates this >about me... Sandy

Ha! Sandy, I laughed out loud when I read that. The stories here reminded me of one of my very first psychic experiences. I had just started back to work after having Zach, my oldest. He was six months old at the time. I had a sudden feeling that he'd been injured. I picked up the phone and called the sitter. Sure enough, I could hear him screaming in the background. He'd fallen off the sofa, so she said. We later learned she'd been abusing him physically. He had numerous bruises one day in the shapes of fingerprints on his legs. She said she caught him in mid-air while he was falling. Yeah...a six month old jumping off the sofa AGAIN?! I took him to the doc, who confirmed the injuries were too suspicious and I never took him back to her. We couldn't prosecute because there was not enough evidence and Zach was too young to talk, much less testify. It was a terrible time for me. But, I feel my episode above was someone telling me that all was not right with the babysitting situation. I listened to the intuition (everybody has it!) and I was right.

I don't have any psychic powers and I'm not special at all. We all have these capabilities; we just don't know how to use them. I sure wish I could turn it on and off like a light switch, but I can't. Things just happen. The secret is recognizing when they happen for what they are. Lots of people report a physical sensation when they get messages. This helps them distinguish messages from their imagination.

When I see spirits, I get a cool breeze sensation on the back of my neck, like someone is blowing on my neck. The other day, it was so forceful (had never been like that before), that I accused Zach (he's 17 now) of blowing on my head (I felt it on the entire backside of my head). But, he was on the other side of the room. He thought that was pretty funny.

Frank felt the cat again this week, the one we can't see that likes to rub against our legs. Too bad we can't pet it back. :)

Hugs!
Angela

P.S. I got the print galley of the book and it looks really good! Julie Sartain did an excellent job on the cover. The manic-perfectionist in my is making me re-read the entire book just one more time (I swear I almost have it memorized) this weekend so it'll probably be up for sale by the end of the week. Attn: contributors. Will mail your copies when my big shipment arrives! :)

Post subject: mediums
PostPosted: May 1st, 2004, 12:11 pm 

Luckily my kids caught on early. I heard them one night saying.."If you steal those cigarettes Mom will know--you know she's got that THING where she knows. She probably ALREADY knows you are thinking about stealing them. I wouldn't do it. What's gonna happen when we are older and want to have sex? Can we ever get away from this?" HA!!!!!

No-they can't. It's the 3rd eye! My husband and I have been eating better lately and have formed a "friendly accountability" about it. But he'll come home and I'll KNOW he cheated. Busted him the other day for bbq and french fries. HOW DO YOU KNOW he screams.

One night while sleeping...I sat straight up and knew my boyfriend was being unfaithful for the first time at that moment. I called his cell phone at 3am and SHE answered. I will NEVER forget that visceral reaction I had in my body--that knowing and sense of betrayal and violation. I would know that anywhere now. Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2004, 1:12 pm 

Sandy,
Where can I find out about the 3rd eye? I have tried to no avail. A reader once told my sister that she had it, and although the subject and John Edward facinates her, she is not the one tuned in. Her daughter, however sees spirits at times and I have had a few moments of my own.

we built this house 15 years ago. Shortly after we moved in, I used to catch a glimpse of something like a small boy running past the windows. His clothing(i could only get a flash of the little leg running by) was a light fawn color.more and more I became sure that this was a small aboriginal boy wearing doeskin pants. I don't know why I know this, I just do. My husband used to tease me and say I was catching a glimpse of cars passing on the high way, I began to believe him until he started running around the back of the house.Then, as time went on, my sister and a cousin used to see him when they visited.
I havn't seen him for a year or so now.Guess he moved on.
When my Grandfather's spirit is present, I smell him. Mom's spirit brushes my hair with her hand and I woke up one night from sleeping on the sofa to see a monk dressed in brown robe with hood up standing in a corner. I wasn't spooked, it was a calm feeling, I rolled over and went back to sleep. 3 hours later , just before dawn, I woke up again and he was still there. I nodded off and he was gone by morning. 2 months later, to the day, I was in a car accident.My boss, an elderly gentleman who I looked after was a passenger. I was driving his car, taking him for groceries, there was a snow storm. The oncoming car lost control and hit us head on. My boss was killed. I wasn't seriously hurt but somehow, I feel that the monk's presence was what my Mother used to call a "Forerunner". Oh, how I do go on.Sorry
Molly

Post subject: Mediums
PostPosted: May 1st, 2004, 1:22 pm 

Molly-- I dont know where you can find out about it. I dont even know about it except what I experience. I dont even know how I know about it, to tell you the truth. Maybe someone reading this can tell you.

I study monasticism so your monk visitation was of particular interest. A Forerunner perhaps--Monks represent solitude. So I dont know how that would tie in.

The Third Eye--you could look up on a New Age website or something. I don't read New Age or really anything about all of this. I am sort of literature-virginal! I just go with my experiences--I dont want to know too much!! HA! Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2004, 12:30 pm 

Someone posted a link about the 3rd Eye and started a topic on it here:
http://www.writersweekly.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2033

I think it's really cool that when we do have visits when we're waking from sleep, most of us accept them calmly. I think perhaps our subconscious is still in control and doesn't see these visits as anything odd or out of the ordinary. :)

Post subject: Re: Mediums
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 11:01 am 

Sandra,
Guess they say the grass is always greener. I wish I could "see" things like that, so I could prove those suspicions I have. How do you tell the difference between a "gut feeling" that is right or paranoia?
At least you didn't waste more time on that unfaithful boyfriend. That's a good thing...
Marie