Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently May 24th, 2017, 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 29th, 2004, 3:57 am 

Marie,

I think it's a matter of differing vibratory levels. I know when you're trying to make contact with the other side, it helps to meditate in order to raise your vibrations. And I've heard John Edward say that those who have crossed over have to lower their vibrations to make contact with us.

So it would make sense that people with greater psychic abilities - like you and your children - just naturally vibrate at a higher level than the rest of us - like your husband and me.

-- Nancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2004, 2:29 am 

I have read your stories and thought I would share mine. Here it goes...
When I was 14 yrs old, my parent's bought this big beautiful house, at a great price.
The previous owners were an older couple. The woman loved this home. She had lived in the home for most of her life. She passed away, and the husband was eager to sell.
He gave the home to my parents for much less than it was worth. I guess he just wanted to move on. Too many memories maybe. Anyhow, we moved in. Not long after, we started (all of us, my parents, myself and my sister) getting these really strange feelings. Some rooms felt really uncomfortable, and cold at times. Especially, one of the upstairs bedrooms.(That was my sisters room) This room was the worst room of all.
One night we all come home from eating out. As we were walking into the kitchen, the cupboard door opened slowly and closed by itself. That scared the crap out of us! More things happened as time passed. Finally my mother was home alone one day, and got the crazy idea to confront her (the ghost...we always had a feeling that it was the women who died...in the house I might add.) She told her in a stern voice," This is my house now, you need to leave and let us be." Ever since that day, all those strang feelings were gone. It is a very comfortable home now.
Pretty weird huh?

Jodie

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2004, 2:38 am 

Forgot the "E" in "strange." (in my story above)
Had to come back and correct that. It was buggin me! LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2004, 3:12 am 

Jodie,

What you described is a classic example of a spirit being strongly attached to a particular place. Glad yours was cooperative enough to leave the first time she was asked to! And I hope she went on to make a successful transition to the other side.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Hugs,
Nancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2004, 12:28 pm 

Nancy wrote: "it helps to meditate in order to raise your vibrations"

I know how to meditate, but I've never read anywhere in any book on how to raise your vibrations. Does anyone else have any info. on how to do this?

Post subject: Pet stories
PostPosted: May 1st, 2004, 1:28 pm 

Anytime I "try" to do anything--I close off. It's when I am not paying attention, distracted, tired, etc. that things tend to happen. I have tried ALOT to "harness" this stuff but nothing ever happens until I am NOT doing it. So I am interested in vibrations because trying must knock my off! sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2004, 6:27 pm 

Angela,

It's my understanding that the act of meditating is what raises your vibrations - not anything specific you have to do while you're meditating.

-- Nancy

PostPosted: May 4th, 2004, 12:22 pm 

Hi All,

As I wrote above, I've been trying to find out how to turn up my vibrations for months. I've read dozens of books on harnessing your psychic/intuitive talents, yet haven't found anything about how to turn up my vibrations.

Then, BANG!! Last night at Borders, I picked up a copy of Buckland's Book of Spirit Communications by Raymond Buckland (Llewellyn Publications). The page I casually flipped open to said, "Raising Your Vibrations."

I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason and I just about fell over when I saw that. Too cool! Anyway, it says:

"A worthwhile suggestion is given by Jon Klimo in Channeling (Tarcher, 1987) for raising your vibrations. Imagine a dial, with an attached knob, fastened to yourself. See it calibrated from one to ten. The dial is to indicate the raising of your conciousness vibrations..." He goes on to write that you turn the dial up or down slowly to raise or lower your vibrations, first to one, then two, then three, with the ultimate goal being getting it up to 10. He says it make take several meditative sessions to get all the way to 10.

Can't wait to give it a try...but I can't do anything fun until I finish the final, final edit on my book's print galley (and that includes reading this new book by Raymond Buckland!). It looks like a really good book and includes lessons, techniques and exercises on a variety of forms of spirit communication.

Hugs!
Ang

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2004, 6:06 pm 

Angela,

"When the student is ready, the teacher (or at least his book!) appears," eh? Let us know how your experiments in raising your vibrations turn out.

By the way, another book I feel fairly certain you and everyone in our little group would enjoy is, "Everything Happens For A Reason," by Suzane Northrop. She's an excellent medium and a good friend of John Edward.

Hugs,
Nancy

PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 10:47 am 

Guest Writer wrote:
Marie,

I think it's a matter of differing vibratory levels.
-- Nancy

Hi Nancy~
Hmmm...I want to read and research more on this. Thanks!
Also, thanks for the name of the book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 10:49 am 

Jodie,
Did the owner who sold you the house ever mention anything? (I'm guessing not, because he wanted to unload the house quickly?) I've heard people saying that you can tell a ghost to leave you alone, and usually they do. I wonder why that is?
Marie

PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 10:52 am 

angela,
Thanks for the name of the book! I must find it.
Looking forward to your books as well...
Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 5:10 pm 

>By the way, another book I feel fairly certain you and everyone in our little group would >enjoy is, "Everything Happens For A Reason," by Suzane Northrop

Thanks bunches! I just ordered a copy!! :)

Hugs!
Ang

Post subject: Suzane Northrop
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 11:47 pm 

You're most welcome, Angela!

Suzane also has a website. Here's a link to her forum:

http://www.suzanenorthrop.com/forums/list.php?f=3

Hugs,
Nancy

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2004, 2:58 pm 

Angela,

For years I've kept my experiences with "my gift" of intuition, contact with the spirit world, whatever you want to call it---to myself. I've had many dreams of those in the family that have crossed over. My dream is about a house (possibly my home in heaven) that I go to, same house every time, very vivid, and I see more of this house each time I have the dream.

I've dreamed of this house since I was 12---today I am 42. Anyway, it doesn't matter what time of year it is---that will be the season in the dream. I usually have the dream if I'm under stress, or someone has recently died in the family. I will get to see the person that died, or get to confide in the loved one that I know can answer my questions.

Anyway, other than family members I had a dream about a child that died in a home where I used to live. At the time I was pregnant with my second son. I was sleeping peacefully and for some reason was wakened by a child's cry. (*Or I thought I was awake.) I sat up in bed and saw a little girl standing there. She was blonde, crystal blue eyes, angelic face, her hair was glowing. She was crying. I asked her name. She cried, "Cassie..." Then I asked, "Are you looking for your mommy?" I reached for her---and she disappeared. I moved to the edge of the bed...knowing that I was awake and that something strange had just happened. For days I worried what happened to Cassie, that's when I found the tragic news in an archived copy of the local newspaper.

I told my sister about this and she totally freaked out...thinking it was a bad omen. She thought that it might be a sign that the child I was carrying was in trouble. Well, that was not the case.

Anyway, there are several more stories to share--and about this spirit haunting my old house. I plan to share them in a book of my own.

Sincerely,
I Believe