Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently June 25th, 2017, 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 12th, 2004, 2:20 pm 

In my research, I've found that while most people hear from departed loved ones (even ones who died before they were born), people occasionally hear from someone who is not a relative.

If you've had contact from the "other side", please tell us who it was and, if it was someone you know, how you knew it was them. :)

Please feel free to click on "New Topic" if you have other questions for the group. The first topic below was getting a bit crowded.

Hugs to all!
Angela

PostPosted: April 13th, 2004, 10:54 am 

One of my first real contacts (other than stuff just moving around or being bothersome) was after my boyfriend Michael was killed. It was 1982 and it was before "voice mail".. My dad whom I was staying with (I came in from out of town for the funeral) had an answering service where a live person answered the phone.

It was the day of the funeral and I had been so upset at the funeral that I had collapsed. My dad brought me to his home and while I was there he called to get his messages. I heard him having an odd conversation with the answering service person. He hung up and said "Does anyone you know have my phone number?' I said no. "Well, they said Michael called and said it would be ok, not to be upset." !!! I didn't know anyone else there. No one else could have called or known to leave that message.

Immediately following that, he began coming to me in my dreams and did so for the first year. Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2004, 10:58 am 

That was an incredible and comforting message, Sandra, and thanks for sharing it with us. :)

PostPosted: April 15th, 2004, 7:11 pm 

angelahoy wrote:
In my research, I've found that while most people hear from departed loved ones (even ones who died before they were born), people occasionally hear from someone who is not a relative.

If you've had contact from the "other side", please tell us who it was and, if it was someone you know, how you knew it was them. :)

Please feel free to click on "New Topic" if you have other questions for the group. The first topic below was getting a bit crowded.

Hugs to all!
Angela

Hi all~
I'm new here. Have been lurking for a while. Started reading this forum because I've always been interested in the paranormal, and I guess I've also been looking for answers and explanations. And some day I'll write a fictional story about it. <G>
I'd like to respond to Angela's post and share my experience. When I tell people this, they look at me as if I'm crazy, but I can't think of any other explanation except that we were visited by a ghost.
Years ago we bought a fixer-upper that had been vacant for months. There's nothing unusual or remarkable in that. The reason I'm mentioning it is that it seemed the more we gutted and rehabbed the house, the more we were visited by one spirit. It began when my boys were small, around 3 and 4 years old. They shared the front bedroom of the house. The oldest said he had heard "a little boy" playing in their room. Didn't think much of it. Explained it away as hearing the next door neighbor's little boy. (We lived in a duplex.) Younger brother started saying the same things. Okay, he's just repeating what his older brother said. They told me one night they saw this "little boy" coming out of their closet one night. My explanation was that their closet adjoined their little sister's. You could walk through the closet to get to the other room. Maybe it was her they actually saw. But baby sister started talking about seeing a "little boy" in the rocking chair in her room at night.
There was one night I was alone downstairs watching television. I heard water running in the kitchen. Turned off the faucet, not thinking anything. A few minutes later the faucet was on. Not at a trickle, either. Okay, that spooked me a little bit. Candles would blow out when windows were closed. Other times doors would open on their own. I felt someone sit on the bed only to reach out and not see anyone. Another time I was in bed and I felt fingers along my neck. And I was alone in the room.
I spoke with one of our neighbors about the previous owner of our house. She said an Asian woman lived in the house, and she used to sit in front of the window in what was then the boys' room. She died of a heart attack in that chair in that room. When things would happen, I'd yell at Fumico (her name). For instance, I had just sat down in my favorite chair to crochet. The crochet needle was on the table right before I sat down. But it disappeared. I tore apart the chair cushions, even blamed the kids for taking my needle. Exasperated I shouted, Fumico, put it back! I appeared moments later where I had thought I put it originally. Keys would disappear. Money.
We put our house up for sale and moved before it was sold, so it was vacant. My neighbor called me saying the lights were on in the old house, that someone was moving around. Living 30 min. away, I couldn't get right there. I called the city police and asked them to check on the house. They called me back saying there were no lights on and the house and property were locked up (we had locked gates). There was no evidence anyone had been there. But night after night my old neighbor called to say yep, the lights are on again, and someone is moving around.
Okay, I don't know if this means we had a spirit in the house. I do have a lot of questions, though. Maybe I should save it for another post.
Thanks for reading...
marie

PostPosted: April 15th, 2004, 7:12 pm 

Sandra, that is incredible!

Post subject: Unknown souls
PostPosted: April 16th, 2004, 8:53 am 

Scribendee-- those are the exact kind of "mild" things that happened to me my whole life. Except we would MOVE and it would all still happen in the next house and the next house and the next one...

I lost a boyfriend over it in high school. He was there one night when the shower turned on full blast. I made him shut it off and he was all freaky about it and then the kitchen sink blasted on. Then the door in the hall way slammed closed. That was it for him...although maybe the spirits knew best-he was a creep!

I definately have a "water issue"--that is the primary way I get visited in all my locations. The more nasty things included full blown water pipes bursting in the house and flooding and ruining things--in brand new houses where pipes should be fine. That's happened in 2 different houses and my counseling office which was 1 foot under water from a toliet in another office and their office was NOT flooded (huh???)

The last water issue happened here in my brand new house 2x so far ruining the wood floors. Happened just a few mos ago--again. Usually in the month of October.

My brand new house in FL we built had a bedroom that was such a problem for my baby and things that happened in there I had people from my church come and annoint the room. Then we began having all the water problems in that house, cereal box spinning, washer off but banging on the wall, etc. It was an active house while we were there.

Counseling office--books would fly off the bookcase while I was in session. One way to lose clients!! I just wish I knew who and why they are hanging around me. I am sure we could work it out in an amicable way! Sandy Brown, MA

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2004, 6:08 pm 

It sounds like they know you recognize they're there, so they keep bugging you. I wonder why they're doing mean things instead of just hanging around. Anybody have any ideas??

--Angela

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 17th, 2004, 6:27 am 

Since Sandy's spirit(s) apparently don't respond to a simple request from her to leave, the next thing I would try would be a seance with a reputable medium who can initiate two-way communication. I agree that I would want to know why he/she/they are acting in such a destructive and aggressive manner and what I could do to get them to stop!

-- Nancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 17th, 2004, 6:36 am 
I think she ought to invite me and James Randi over.

That'd shut 'em up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 17th, 2004, 6:51 am 

Marie,

You're a much braver soul than I am! I would have been out of that house like a shot!

It's one thing to make - and welcome - contact with spirits of family and friends who have passed, but quite another to have to deal with strangers.

Hugs,
Nancy

P.S. Love your website. Thanks for posting the link.

Post subject: Departed loved ones
PostPosted: April 17th, 2004, 7:50 pm 

I would want to attribute the "mean acting out" of the spirits to the fact that I spent years in the ministry. Not all spirits are good/friendly some are dark. Some don't like the Light. The aggression definately increased in my adult years as opposed to the kind of events I had as teen. I dont know if it was related to my work at the time or not. Although I still had my water issue just this year and I am technically no longer in the ministry. So I DONT know. Sandy Brown

Post subject: Re: Unknown souls
PostPosted: April 17th, 2004, 10:14 pm 

Sandra L. Brown wrote:
Scribendee-- those are the exact kind of "mild" things that happened to me my whole life. Except we would MOVE and it would all still happen in the next house and the next house and the next one...

I lost a boyfriend over it in high school. He was there one night when the shower turned on full blast. I made him shut it off and he was all freaky about it and then the kitchen sink blasted on. Then the door in the hall way slammed closed. That was it for him...although maybe the spirits knew best-he was a creep!

I definately have a "water issue"--that is the primary way I get visited in all my locations. The more nasty things included full blown water pipes bursting in the house and flooding and ruining things--in brand new houses where pipes should be fine. That's happened in 2 different houses and my counseling office which was 1 foot under water from a toliet in another office and their office was NOT flooded (huh???)

The last water issue happened here in my brand new house 2x so far ruining the wood floors. Happened just a few mos ago--again. Usually in the month of October.

My brand new house in FL we built had a bedroom that was such a problem for my baby and things that happened in there I had people from my church come and annoint the room. Then we began having all the water problems in that house, cereal box spinning, washer off but banging on the wall, etc. It was an active house while we were there.

Counseling office--books would fly off the bookcase while I was in session. One way to lose clients!! I just wish I knew who and why they are hanging around me. I am sure we could work it out in an amicable way! Sandy Brown, MA

Sandra,
This is fascinating! Now I don't think I'm soooo crazy. <G>
When you moved, were there particular pieces of furniture, say, antiques, you took w/ you? I've heard spirits travel w/ the owners, especially within furniture. Water issues also seem to be common by those who are visited by spirits.
Books flying off bookcases....Yee! I haven't had that happen, but I have had spices fly off the shelves at me at my in-laws' house. They own an old Victorian farmhouse which dates back to the 1700s. I've had some visits there, too. But wouldn't you think books flying off bookshelves while you're in session would help your couseling business? People would be convinced they are crazy. I mean this in fun. Hope you weren't offended by this.
I'm thrilled Angela started this forum. It's good that we can share these things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 17th, 2004, 10:18 pm 

Guest Writer wrote:
Marie,

You're a much braver soul than I am! I would have been out of that house like a shot!

It's one thing to make - and welcome - contact with spirits of family and friends who have passed, but quite another to have to deal with strangers.

Hugs,
Nancy

P.S. Love your website. Thanks for posting the link.

Nancy, thanks for your sweet words.
Funny thing is, while I was freaked out a bit, I felt some comfort knowing Fumico was there, though I hadn't ever met her. The house was almost uninhabitable when we moved in. It had been rented to some weirdos who didn't keep up with the place. Whenever we renovated a room, I'd kiddingly ask her if she approved. My husband was away, sometimes for weeks at a time, so she was a bit of a comfort.

Post subject: spirits
PostPosted: April 17th, 2004, 10:43 pm 

Scribendee: Yes I have heard they travel with items--not just furniture. I inherited alot of furniture from my parents house where it DID happen but by the time I got the furniture, it had already happened in other locations, even various work places. It could even be old jewlery I have. I have prayed, the church has annointed various houses, etc. Over the years, it still comes back.

Books in the counseling office was a different ordeal. This was during the ministry when I was working with people who came out of satanic cults. So it was LIVELY all around our offices. That activity I DO understand. The water issue is different from that AND different from the cigarette smoke I get when I think my dad and/or gma is around.
It feels different too.

I try not to pay too much attention to it--as opposed to how much I am talking about it here--I rarely talk about it except to my husband who knows and sees it as well. My family is familiar with it and it's just a "given" in our lives. I remember feeling it in my bedroom when we first moved to a different house. My sister in law felt it touch her as she painted my bedroom. It all started in that house. But followed us ever since. Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 28th, 2004, 7:36 pm 

I know what you mean about not talking about it much (except here). I think most are skeptics. I wonder why only certain people see spirits in a given location. For instance, in the house I spoke of, the kids and I did see Fumico. While she played pranks on my husband--like hiding car keys and money--he never saw her. Does this make any sense?

Marie