Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently July 24th, 2017, 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 7th, 2004, 9:08 pm 

I can't name names, because this concerns a probate dispute with family. But the strangest thing that ever happened that seemed like more than a coincidence involved someone who tried to steal my husband's identity right after my father-in-law died. We called her house and got her answering machine, which, instead of playing the "leave a message ... etc.," played the last message that had been left on it. This just happened to be from an insurance man who wanted to talk to my husband again. The thing is, my husband had never spoken to him, and had never even been to the house where the insurance man was trying to reach him at. I guess the "person" had gotten someone to impersonate him over the phone, and she might have gotten away with it and siphoned off some cash from the estate if we hadn't found out. I've always thought that my father-in-law stepped in to protect us.

Post subject: My spirit stories
PostPosted: August 21st, 2004, 10:46 am 

Ok, here goes. When I was a little girl, I used to see people who were not there and hear voices other people could not hear. I come from a family of gifted women, and when I told my mother, she told me never, ever to tell anyone about it or they would take me away and lock me up for being crazy. So I stopped paying attention and they stopped being apparent to me. I still would have deja vu flashes to my past lives but never shared with anyone about them.

Wen I was 28, my father died. He was only 58 and I had loved him more than anyone on the earth. I was literally prostrate with grief, lying on the floor crying after his memorial service. James Taylor's Carolina on my Mind came on the stero, (my dad was from NC) and I was crying so hard I was having trouble breathing. I looked up and there he was. He was young again, wearing clothes I had seen in an old photo, so I knew it was him. He looked at me kindly and said "Don't cry honey. I am in a better place and I am happy." And he looked happy and young and strong and very solid. He smiled at me and faded out. Since then I have not often felt his presence, but I sense he is at peace and that is an enormous blessing. Oddly, when I told my mother about it (she asked because I had gone from being completely freaked out to serene about it) she did not believe that I had seen him, because he had not come to see her.

The second time it happened, I lost a guy who was a best friend to me, Greg to complications of HIV. He was only 36 and the loss of this bright, funny, talented soul was a crushing blow. Within a week of his passing I got out of the shower one morning and commenced to get out the hair dryer. I bent down to get it out of the drawer and when I straightened up and looked into the mirror, Greg was standing behind me, grinning! I yelped and he disappeared. I did not see him again, but there would be occasions where I could not find my makeup where I left it and I figured it was Greg, having a laugh at my expense. He is also happy on the other side.

The last loss of someone I loved greatly occured in 2000. My boss, Marshall had been like a father to me for almost 20 years that we worked together. My connection to him was deep and strong. In an event that almost made me turn against God, he had a piece of plaque break off in his arteries and block the blood flow to his brain. He was brain dead but in a coma. It was 7 days of pure hell, while I watched his family hope for a miracle. The day before he died he went out visiting. It was very early in the morning and he came to the side of my bed. Again, he was so young that if I had not seen pictures of him when he was young I would not have recognized him. He did not speak, just smiled and faded out. Again, I got the impression that he was happy. I did speak of this to some clients and they reported seeing or feeling or thinking about him that same morning. So I think he went visiting. He stayed with me for a while after he was gone, the dog would stand and growl at him. I finally told him to go take care of his wife who needed him more than me. I still occasionally sense him but it is a kind presence. He just lets me know he is there.

Lastly, since I have been working with my intuition, in the past couple of months, a lady I know asked me about the ghost in her house. We worked on it for about 45 minutes, it was the spirit of an older man, whose house it had been. He was confused about crossing over and was waiting there for his son to come and take him home. We asked that he go to where his son was instead of waiting there for him and the homeowner reports that his presence there is much lessened. I recommended to her that she burn some white sage to rid the house of his residual energy and we are working on getting that done.

Those are my stories, hope this helps some of you acknowledge and honor the spirits in your world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2004, 2:35 pm 

I always know when any family member is ill, without being told, even if they're in a different state or across the world. Also, when my grandfather died when I was 9, I had a dream about him. I was crying and I knew it was because he was dead, then in the dream he came back. He told me he'd miss his little "gopher." (He always called me that because I always begged to fetch him things when he was sick.) When I woke up, I knew he was already gone. Then when my grandfather on my dad's side died, I dreamed about it, apparently as it was happening, and woke, knowing he was gone. My grandmother, his wife, followed shortly after, and I knew when she passed, too. Same for my grandmother on my mom's side, and my Aunt, her sister. The only one who came back, briefly, was my grandfather.

Here's another odd anecdote related to my grandfather. One night just a few months ago, I dreamed of a man named Dr. Levi. In the dream, I was standing at a grave site and this man, Dr. Levi came up to me and smiled. He said he had helped my grandfather many times, and that he had liked him very much in life. He told me he was my grandfather's psychologist at the local hospital here. I remember thinking it was odd because my grandfather lived in Indiana for all of his adult life. I live in St. Louis, Missouri, so it didn't seem likely that he would have come all the way over here for treatment. Anyway, Dr. Levi said he was very sick, and it was time for him to pass on, then he fell down, right at my feet, onto his face. All my grandfather's appointments with him were written in white on the back of his coat. When I woke up, I called my mom and asked her if granddad had ever seen a man named Dr. Levi. She asked me how I knew. No one spoke of granddad's depression - it was one of those dark family secrets that was only revealed to me when I called. Apparently Dr. Levi had passed away that night. I found his obituary in the paper, and my mom had gotten a call about it before I called. Creepy, no?