Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently March 25th, 2017, 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stopping in to say hi
PostPosted: November 19th, 2013, 5:03 pm 

I can see it's been over 2 years since I last contributed anything here. Glad I still remembered my log in password!

Last night I couldn't sleep and was on my iPad and came on to the forum to check out an old post. Bad choice because it only kept me awake with giggling! It was an ode to a banned forum member and bad erotica and the thread went on for pages and kept coming back to the life every few months after a new person found it and wanted to talk about being attacked by this person. A deranged person who attacked others on her website for no apparent reason other than mental issues and launched tirades against anyone who didn't view her through rose colored glasses. A little light bedtime reading.

It was fun reading posts written by members when this forum was very active in the mid-2000's and getting nostalgic for the old Christmas card exchanges we used to do.

Then I asked myself what happened. This forum is a ghost town now. I don't remember why. I seem to recall that all posts were put on moderation, maybe for a short time, maybe they still are. I guess I'll find out when I hit the submit button in a few minutes. Is the moderation what killed everyone and they just went away? I know I went away but I'd check in every now and then. For the life of me I have no memory of what happened to put everyone on moderation and it happened a couple of years or so after the above referred to person was banned from here, and you'd think that debacle and her over-posting would have been the one that got out of hand and forced the moderation.

I guess everyone found different forums to hang out at and abandoned this one. Too bad really. It was so lively at one time and we had some wonderful writers and I loved reading their posts.

I'm still travel writing. I've had some novels published. I'm switching away from consumer magazines to write for trade magazines and businesses. I still have horses, actually the same ones I had back when everyone was regularly posting.

Life continues on much the same for me. I'm still around, just not around here. Sometimes its fun to look back like I did last night reading that old thread, but it left me wondering what happened to everybody. Where did everybody go and did I just miss the boat?