Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently July 22nd, 2017, 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 3:52 am 

Hey guys and gals. I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to write a few paragraphs for me about how you got started in the writing industry and/or advice for novice writers. I'm in the process of building an advice/tutorial site for freelance writers and while i thought this was an awesome idea, only a few friends and acquaintances actually followed through on getting a testimonial to me and the site looks naked with only a few there. You can take a look through my signature link; it's the Writer Success Stories page.

Anyway, I'm don't want to try and pressure anyone or anything but if a few of you could help out, I'd be eternally grateful. I'll also tie a link to your website and your contact info....everyone on my site so far has been contacted by employers already so it may lead to work for you. The profiles are also randomly featured on my homepage as well so I'll also need a photo, your hometown (or region if you don't want to be specific), and your age (if you want it there).

Oh, one last thing....I could care less what type of writer you are or how much money you've made in the industry; we all have unique experiences that can help novice writers (and each other) and that's all I'm really aiming for out of this. Authors, reporters, copywriters, technical writers...we all make something out of nothing and I think it's magical to share these experiences with others and give them the confidence to start writing. Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: June 1st, 2013, 12:29 am 

I posted this months ago and not a single reply...I guess I picked the wrong writer's forum to say hello in and ask for help.