Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently June 25th, 2017, 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 21st, 2014, 7:22 pm 

Greetings to everyone from human to non-human and everyone in between!
I received my acceptance here and am looking forward to thousands of days of interaction!
A (relatively) short introduction. Please, if you have any questions just ask:
My past is covered with much drama (don't worry, LoL, I'm not one of those) that has in fact been a boon to my growth. In a nutshell I had a rather shaky childhood (part of which was seven different foster homes within a five year period starting when I was 11 in various parts of Oneida County, NY) which ended up in adoption. Adopted by an Orthodox Priest when I was 15, I was finally given some REAL clues to society and people in general as well as a better understanding of who (and what) I am in this world. Somehow I got confused with these new details and actually dropped out in 10th grade due to "boredom" and without any classes to prepare, took my GED and passed easily with an above average score.
After a while I decided I wanted to see the country so I stuck out my thumb and off I went, with my father's permission of course. I have seen every state with the exception of all the states above New York, North and South Dakota, Alaska and Hawai'i.
Just after I got to Florida about 27 or so years ago I met a woman who literally took me off the streets and gave me the one thing my father forgot to: A better understanding of reality.
Even before I arrived in Florida I had been studying people. More specifically I was studying comedy. As a comediologist I learned better interaction and had stronger understanding of my role in this world: To make people laugh, smile and think. I am NOT a comedian but consider myself a comodeian: Most of my jokes stink. (Hey, at least I try, right?)
I have a rather good grasp of computers and understand much of forum etiquette having been online for many years on several forums. I have even been moderator on a couple of them and owner/operator of others.
I have nothing published (at the time of this posting), however I do have several books I am working on. One is a fiction series (I expect a trilogy in three sets of three for a total of nine books), two are motivational nonfiction self-help books, one is a trivia book, one is a collection of poetry and the last is my own personal life story in hopes that someone in the future would have a better time of things than I did.
I do have a few (minor) mental disabilities to live with as well as a more recent addition of some physical limitations from a bicycle accident that did not involve a car. Life at the moment might seem a bit (ahem) chaotic and dramatic for my wife and I, but is not impossible to improve. This is one main reason I am here among you: To finally put a skill to use for others and make a bit of money doing it.
Now that I'm done with my introductory post (aka:novel?) I'll be more than happy to get more involved! I look forward to those thousands of days here!
Stay frosty!
L. Long, still real and still alive!
:)

Even well past noon,
(With that read: "He's a fun guy!")