Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently November 1st, 2014, 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 1st, 2004, 2:38 pm 
Hi

Allreaders.com will pay you 25 cents per new book or movie review, subject to the rules posted on the site. While not an astronomical sum, it is fun and easy work--the reviews we need are short, and you get to choose what you review--you can review books and movies you've already read and seen. A review can be completed in less than 5-8 minutes, and your work can be seen by over 1,000,000 visitors every month.

Requirements: the ability to categorize fiction by its literary components, and to write in grammatically correct English.

You can simply go to http://www.allreaders.com (books) or http://www.allwatchers.com (movies) and start entering a review to give it a try.

Post subject: "fine print"
PostPosted: January 1st, 2004, 4:57 pm 
From the terms:

"If we add your review but, for whatever reason, delete it from the site before you reach the Payout Minimum, you do NOT get credit"

This seems insane, IMHO. The min. payout is $20; all they have to do is delete a review when you reach $19.75 (ad nauseum) and the writer has no rights.

.25 for 5-7 min. of work (let's round up for easy numbers) - 10 min. per review per hour - that's 6 reviews per hr. for a whopping $1.50. Yes, they admit it's not a lot of money (which is fine) but terms such as those above just make my eyes cross.

Anyhoo. Happy New Year!

Marivic

Post subject: eyes crossing
PostPosted: January 1st, 2004, 6:32 pm 
"Yes, they admit it's not a lot of money (which is fine) but terms such as those above just make my eyes cross. "

Maybe you should see a doctor about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2004, 9:29 pm 
I'm choosing to stick to the spirit of this forum and keep my comments on topic.

My point was to share what I learned with others. Yes, it came with a personal opinion regarding the terms. Not the author. So, if someone has a more positive impression of the terms, I'd love to learn of them. I'm sure many would.

Marivic

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2004, 10:47 pm 

marivic;

Thank you for breaking that down. Too often people get caught up in the "OMG LOOK HOW EASY" and don't see the forest for the trees.

Thank you also for keeping it professional.

ralph waldo emerson