Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently October 31st, 2014, 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Richardwhier"
PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 4:51 pm 

Someone whose screenname is "Richardwhier" posts job offers frequently on the WAHM forum. A few other forum members related difficult experiences, along with the oddity that none of us ever knew if it's an actual company and whether a "Richard" even exists. The person we all dealt with was named Tami; she wouldn't tell any of us where she or the company was located.

Earlier this year I responded to one of their job offers, was asked to do 12 articles, & upon completion was asked for 5 more. Tami said she'd pay $16 apiece, & also added she'd pay a bonus if articles were longer. After I finished those 2 sets she asked for a total of 29 more articles on two different topics. However, the difference was she requested "150-160 word summaries" on each article of those 2 sets. When she sent the payments they were still for $16 per article-- I was never paid for all the additional work on the summaries, and she didn't reply when I asked about it. She also said she wanted me to do a project on homeschooling, but never followed through with it.

C.Sheckels

Post subject: Re: "Richardwhier"
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2011, 1:28 am 

to clarify: saying they'd pay a bonus if articles were longer logically meant they owed me for the 29 summaries. when I asked about it and never received a response, the only reason I let it go is I'd been told I'd be doing another project immediately thereafter. I'd thought I'd at least have the chance to make up for the extra money I didn't receive for the summaries by doing another project. However, as soon as I finished the last set I was told I couldn't do the homeschooling project because the company was having difficulties... and I was also told they'd get back to me about the project as soon as the company got back on its feet. When they started posting jobs at the WAHM forum I asked about the homeschooling project, and was told they were doing different kinds of material now.

so I actually lost out on 2 different things-- the homeschooling project they said they wanted me to do,
and the extra money they were supposed to pay me for the 29 150-160-word summaries that I did not receive.