Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently October 21st, 2014, 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 3:45 pm 

This company advertised as seeking a medical writer and said they paid $25 per hour. They then required three sample work projects that they do not pay for (yes, my mistake for doing the free work). After that you are given a login to their website where they post jobs they want you to write. It is only then that they admit what they really pay. The $25/hr was a LIE; they actually pay $0.04 per word. At 4 cents a word, all they are looking for is plagerized work. Learn from my mistake and don't waste your time with these liars.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2011, 6:06 pm 

I have had good interactions with this company. It is possible to make $25/hr, actually I make closer to $32 an hour, if not more, if you break it down. There is always plenty of work - they pay you by business check a couple of weeks after you finish a big project. So each article (very easy!) takes about 20 minutes to write, at $16 each. Most companies won't pay this much for simple SEO content.

It's pretty common for companies to want you to write some free crap for them so they can evaluate your writing. Part of the biz, my friend!

PostPosted: April 28th, 2011, 10:19 am 

Mometrix is GREAT to work for. I've been writing for them for three years. While the learning curve is steep (in my first several months I was making about $7 hour), once you understand what they are looking for and streamline your research, it's not difficult to make $25 per hour. I average between $25 and $35 per hour, love the work, and no, I don't plagiarize. In fact, they are careful the vet all copy to make sure there are no problems with duplicating published work. I have always found them to be professional. No complaints!

As for being required to provide writing samples--I don't understand the objection. Everybody I've ever written for requires samples, and most require you to produce something they assign to you. They need to see you can do the work before giving you projects!

Cynde