Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently August 21st, 2014, 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 29th, 2005, 11:55 am 

THE **NEW** WRITERSWEEKLY WHISPERS AND WARNINGS!

We are moving to an open forum format, which will be HEAVILY MODERATED to prevent abuse. We aim to have the most professional complaints forum on the Internet. Anyone who registers can post. However, there are some strict rules we’ll be enforcing to prevent abuse.

FOLLOW THESE RULES OR YOUR MESSAGE IS SUBJECT TO REJECTION:

1. YOU MUST USE YOUR REAL NAME WHEN SIGNING UP TO USE THE FORUM.

You may use your first initial and last name when posting a message (no completely anonymous posts) but WritersWeekly and the person/firm you are writing about must know who you really are.

It’s not fair for a firm to have to respond to an accusation when they have no idea who the accuser is and it’s not fair for the accused to be able to post anonymous posts about the accuser. It’s that simple.

2. NO NAME CALLING

Example: Instead of saying, “He was a total jerk” say “He was very unprofessional in his dealings with me.”

3. NO PROFANITY AND NO LIES

Instead of saying, “She was a total b_tch to work with”, say “She was not pleasant to work with.”

People who post lies (these tend to be posted more by serial deadbeats than anyone else) show their true colors in their posts. If you lie, the accuser/accused is going to be able to prove you lied through emails and other correspondence. Do yourself a favor and keep it completely factual or lose your credibility.

If we know a post contains lies (remember, we’ve been doing this for a long time), it will be removed and you will need to submit a factual post.

4. NO COMMENTS WRITTEN SPECIFICALLY TO HUMILIATE SOMEONE OR MAKE THEM APPEAR WEAK

It’s tempting to get emotional and fire off childish messages but those will definitely get deleted. If you can’t play nice, please take your business to one of those trash forum sites.

WritersWeekly retains the right to remove ANY name from ANY post. We recognize some people are dragged into arguments who don’t need to be there (like an innocent editor working for a deadbeat publisher, or a writer’s spouse, or a true victim who a deadbeat is trying to humiliate or harm publicly).

5. COMMENTS WELCOME, BUT…

READERS CAN POST THEIR OPINIONS ABOUT SPECIFIC SITUATIONS BUT WE WILL NOT ACCEPT POSTS ON BEHALF OF THE ACCUSER BY OTHERS, NOR ON BEHALF OF THE ACCUSED BY OTHERS (I.E. The accused may not have his secretary, editor, vice-president and others weigh in with a litany of posts about the situation in an attempt to “win.” This is an intimidation tactic and we won’t allow it.)

6. DON’T THREATEN TO SUE US

WritersWeekly is protected by the Communications Decency Act. See: http://www.internetlibrary.com/topics/o ... mation.cfm

Basically, if you threaten to sue us, your true colors will once again be shining through and we do alert readers to lawsuit threats via the forum. We only respond to lawsuit threats sent by REAL attorneys (remember - pretending to be an attorney is illegal) and we WILL post lawsuit threats to the forum.

***BY SIGNING UP FOR THIS FORUM, YOU ARE GIVING US PERMISSION TO PUBLISH **ANY** MESSAGE YOU SEND TO US, WHETHER ONLINE, BY EMAIL, IN PRINT, OR BY ANY OTHER MEANS. BASICALLY, IF YOU DON'T WANT THE WORLD TO SEE IT, DON'T SEND IT.***

Of course, we will remove any posts that attack Angela or her family or that appear threatening toward any individual in any manner whatsoever.

EXAMPLE OF A POST THAT WOULD BE REJECTED (AND THAT MAKES THE POSTER LOOK LIKE A JERK)

Jane Doe was a total b_tch the entire time she worked for us. She turned in all her work late and the quality sucked! Sure, we had a contract but I’m not paying her because she posted a complaint here and (or) because I couldn’t use her crappy work! I doubt she’ll ever be able to get a job again because we’re going to post her name all over the Internet!

EXAMPLE OF A POST THAT WOULD BE ACCEPTED

Having Jane Doe work for us was not a pleasant experience, from our perspective. She didn’t meet some of her deadlines and the work she submitted needed significant rewrites. We are under contract with her, however, and we want to get this cleared up so we can all move on.

~~~~~

EXAMPLE OF POST WE WOULD REJECT

John Doe, the publisher of ____ Magazine is a crook! He stole money from me and several of my friends! If he doesn’t pay up RIGHT NOW I am going to ruin him!

EXAMPLE OF POST WE WOULD ACCEPT

John Doe, the publisher of ______ Magazine owes me $275 and I know of other unpaid writers as well. I have been requesting payment since August of last year but my emails, phone calls and letters have gone unanswered. Unfortunately, I must now turn to the Internet to protect more of my fellow writers from potentially being in a similar position with this publisher in the future.

Basically, we recognize that some people post lies about others and that some people who actually do owe money to someone else will say/write anything to salvage their reputation. We aim to keep try to eliminate that behavior and to keep this forum respectable and professional.

ANY MESSAGE VIOLATING THESE RULES WILL BE REJECTED AND YOU WILL THEN NEED TO RESUBMIT YOUR POST ACCORDING TO THESE SIMPLE RULES.

IF YOU ACCEPT THESE RULES, you may sign up and/or start posting here:
http://forums.writersweekly.com

REMEMBER -

***BY SIGNING UP FOR THIS FORUM, YOU ARE GIVING PERMISSION FOR WRITERSWEEKLY TO POST **ANY** MESSAGE YOU SEND TO US (THAT YOU'VE WRITTEN), WHETHER ONLINE, BY EMAIL, IN PRINT, OR BY ANY OTHER MEANS. BASICALLY, IF YOU DON'T WANT THE WORLD TO SEE IT, DON'T SEND IT.***