Hi Everyone. Although we are not all involved with divorcing someone with a severe personality disorder, I would like to mention this resource about divorcing the borderline and/or narcissist.
The following is from Randi Kreger, co-author of Stop Walking on Eggshells:
http://www.bpdcentral.com/nookboard/ind ... adid=10602
I am happy to tell everyone that THE book/booklet about divorce and personality disorders is now ready and available to order right now. The cover looks great; I'll put a PDF on bpdcentral.
It was written by an attorney (William Eddy) who specializes in divorce and BPD. He has already written one book about it; it is his second. He is a therapist as well as an attorney. Michael Roe, an attorney who is on this list and helped many nons here, wrote the foreword.
The name of the booklet is SPLITTING: Protecting Yourself While Divorcing
a Borderline or Narcissist. It is clear that we are not speaking of ALL BPs or NPDs. We examine the entire process, starting by giving people an overview of each step in the process. The book is 150 pages.
The table of contents is:
GENERAL DIVORCE SCENARIOS:
PART I: PREPARING FOR COURT
1. IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!
2. TODAY'S COURT CULTURE
3. ALTERNATIVES TO COURT:
4. DECIDING TO SETTLE OR FIGHT
5. TAKING AN ASSERTIVE APPROACH
6. PREPARING FOR A COURT BATTLE
PART II: THE COURT PROCESS
7. BRIEF OVERVIEW
8. HIRING AN ATTORNEY
9. WORKING WITH YOUR ATTORNEY
10. GATHERING THE RIGHT EVIDENCE
11. WORKING WITH EXPERTS AND EVALUATORS
12. WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE OPPOSING ATTORNEY
13. WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR HEARING OR TRIAL
PART III: SPECIAL ISSUES
14. HOW FAMILY AND FRIENDS CAN HELP
15. SHOULD AN EXPERT TESTIFY ABOUT BPD OR NPD
16. WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE LOSING YOUR CASE
17. IF YOU ARE A MISUNDERSTOOD BP/NP AT COURT
18. ENFORCING COURT ORDERS
19. MANAGING THE POST-DIVORCE RELATIONSHIP
READING LIST AND RESOURCES
Having read it, I learned a lot about distortion campaigns in general even though I've never divorced a BP. This booklet is the same price ($29.50) as the CD on Custody called You're My World. It's a great deal because I believe that people will be able to save thousands of dollars in lawyer fees. I am now trying to put together a package of this booklet, Love and Loathing and the custody CDs at a lesser price (haven't decided yet).
You can call 888 35 SHELL. If you call during the daytime they can Fedex it. If you'd like to write a review, please let me know.