Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently May 24th, 2017, 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2004, 4:15 pm 

http://www.caller.com/ccct/kris_tv/article/0,1641,CCCT_995_2705707,00.html

Hi everyone,

Read the story at that link. I spoke to the wife, Robin, today by phone. She is a remarkable woman!

The murderer was sentenced to death and has allegedly vowed to hire someone to kill her.

She does not have Internet access right now, but if you want to post a supportive note here, I will print it and mail it to her. She is in the process of obtaining a divorce from this monster / child killer.

Hugs,
Angela

Post subject: Baby's Murder
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2004, 8:26 pm 
Hi Robin, I am a psychotherapist but more importantly I am a homicide survivor. My father was murdered.

Most states and areas have a Parents of Murdered Children support program. "POMC" can offer court advocacy and assitance and community counseling referrals, etc. They are a wonderful organization. Check on line to see where the closet one is to you.

The advise I can give is to use whatever supports are available--POMC, a counselor, your minister, friends...whoever. You need all the support people are willing to give to get thru this. Although you never "get over" a murder, it will not always feel like it does today. You will be in my prayers. Feel free to contact me if I can help further. Sandra L. Brown, MA sandrabrownma@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 11:38 am 

I want to thank you before hand for writing your story. If every woman had the strength that you do the world would have no place for abusers. I think every woman should write thier story of abuse.
I myself was abused as a child. I know how painful it can be to try to relive the memories. I can only imagine how hard it is to loose a child, though.
Stay strong.
I will be praying for you.
Alina

PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 2:06 pm 

I wanted to give you warm wishes for your future, Robin. I hope that you are able to find peace after purging those events from your past in your writing. Writing is therapeutic and I hope that you are able to move on and discover the wonderful things out in the world that await you.

Post subject: Robin's story
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 2:13 pm 
Robin,
Thank you for having the courage to write your story.

My children and I also survived my ex husband, who brutally beat and sexually assaulted my son.

This man was a pillar of the community, a regular upstanding citizen. He told people I was crazy...totally discrediting me.

It was hard but, I took the kids and walked away, while my husband was at work.
I had no family. No place to go. My smallest baby had seizures daily.

But, we survived. The scars lasted years. Yet, we held together and today the kids are grown, self supporting, relatively healthy adults.

There is hope after the tragedy. You will find you don't get shook up over little things anymore.
What totally freaks out the frail, will not affect you. Our strength and our faith carries us.
Nina Goodrich

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 3:54 pm 

Good morning, Robin; thank you for being willing to share your story.

Do write every morning -- you can decide later what you want to include -- but just writing helps to cope with the day ahead.

Take care, Robin -- you are in my thoughts.

Barbara C. Van Sittert

Post subject: Solicitude to Robin
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 4:39 pm 

I admire your courage. I finally, after more than 50 years of hiding something from my childhood from my parents, both husbands (both deceased) I wrote it out and entered it in a contest. I didn't win a prize, of course, but it felt like a heavy weight had been lifted. Believe it or not I have felt so much better since I had the courage to write about it.
Keep the faith, Robin, and this too shall pass. :lol:

Post subject: You are brave!
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 7:01 pm 
Thank you for your courage, Robin, and I hope that you are able to heal after your horrendous experiences.
Warm hugs to you.
DeAnn

PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 9:16 pm 
Forgiveness is the only gate to heaven. I am so sorry for the travesty performed by your child's father. I wouldn't even know how to begin to forgive. I only know that you must. Not for him, for you. You have my prayers, love, and deep concern.
GW

Post subject: Sending you hugs!
PostPosted: May 5th, 2004, 10:55 pm 

Dear Robin,

May it comfort you to know that there are so many people out here who are pulling for you! Writing your story is a brave, beautiful, positive thing that you are doing in the midst of the darkness. You are in my prayers.

Eliza

Post subject: Inspiration and Courage
PostPosted: May 6th, 2004, 7:06 am 
Dear Robin,
I've never been in a situation like yours, but I can only imagine what it would feel like.
I think you are a great source of inspiration and courage to women everywhere who say they can't - YES they can and you are living proof of that, because if you can after all you've been through - so can they.
I find it especially inspiring that you want to help other women - that is a very admirable quality.
Many Blessings to you and yours!!
Debi Salanitro
Vineland, New Jersey

Post subject: God Bless You!
PostPosted: May 6th, 2004, 10:35 am 
I live in Houston and I remember reading about this. I cried everytime. My heart would break for that baby. I have to admit, I wondered how a mother could let this happen. I have never been in this type of situation, but I do know that you are struggling with this every day. Please, write it out, get it out, it will help. There are a lot of people in this world that like to judge other people, but be your own person. Get the help you deserve. God bless you and your family!

Post subject: Encouraging Robin
PostPosted: May 6th, 2004, 5:48 pm 
Robin,
You are quite a courageous woman, first for privately dealing with your demons, and secondly for going public with them to help others. Most people aren't strong enough to do even one of these things.
I'm also a Houstonian, who remembers this story vividly. I wish you peace and blessings as you move forward in your journey.
Eleanor

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 7th, 2004, 10:10 am 

My heart goes out to you, Robin, for the pain, fear, and anguish you've had dealt to you and your family. Writing your story should help you deal with it a lot, and I'm impressed with the courage you have in wanting to publish it for everyone out there to read. You've made it through the worst you will hopefully ever have to endure and I pray that your road back is full of pleasure, joy, and love.

Come see my website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~melissapehle/

Post subject: Robin-
PostPosted: May 7th, 2004, 11:22 am 
Dear Robin,

I read part of your story in "Writers Weekly" -- I cannot even begin to imagine how you are coping each day. Know that many women and men have you in their thoughts and hearts. My mother lost a child, my older brother, in a boating accident. She has never recovered, although she went to to be the strong and beautiful woman she is today. My brother would be in his 50s now, and at times I wonder what life would have been like for me had he lived. I was too young to remember him when he died.

You are doing the right thing for yourself and your children.

When something similar -- although not nearly so terrible -- happened in my life, a good many strangers seemed to accost me with advice -- well meant I am sure -- concerning "forgiveness", 12-step survival programs of all sorts, and therapuetic advice, some good & some terrible. I recall smiling politely and mumbling platitudes -- and, wishing that these people would just mind their own business! Thus, I will not offer any of these. Only some words from my own heart and my own life's lessons: I am not sure it is possible to forgive something like what has happen to you -- or, if it is right to do so. It is possible, with courage and support, to move on with your life and care for the children who need you so much. It is possible to grow and learn and continue to become the balanced and whole human being that you know you are inside. The fact that you are sharing your story shows me that you have both of these in abundance!

It may even be possible to heal your heart, and still keep the memory of your lovely, precious daughter with you even though the worst possble thing has happened. What I do know, from my own experience, that blaming myself and carrying around the burden of guilt that was not mine to claim hurt me (and, those I loved) more than anything else I did after the events were long over.

My book is at www.xcpublishig.com, if Angela at "Writer's Weekly" -- would send an e-mail to cenizasderosas@yahoo.com, I will ask the publisher to send you a copy free of charge. It s an electronic publication. (my URL is: http://www.angelfire.com/ab4/doclezlie) and, there are several choices.

Because I am a storyteller, my book became a novel, a mythic rendering of my pain and the hope I found after the world had ended and I found a new life -- how? By walking straight through the middle of my pain and my fear. With love and hope, from my heart to yours, Cenizas de Rosas