Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently May 23rd, 2017, 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: what can i do
PostPosted: February 10th, 2004, 6:52 pm 
i need help...for 27 yr i was the one in our family to take care of all bills and make sure they were all paid and such. my ex would give me his paychecks and tell me to sign and cash them and pay bills and i would but now after we filed for divorce hes saying hes going to have me charged with forgery and put in jail....i signed checks with his name with his full knowlege and permission, i always used the checks for the good of our family and never ever set out to defraud anyone just before he left he had me transfer the balances of 2 of his very high intrest credit cards over to a lower one of his now hes saying hes going to have me charged with forgery on that too im scared i didnt know he was setting me up to take anykind of fall i have always signed his checks and he has always known about it i never signed anything for my own benifit

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2004, 10:58 pm 
Hi Mollie,

When I purchased a computer in June, my husband wasn't with me, but I wanted him on the credit card I was getting. The girl told me that was okay to sign his name since we were married. When I filed for bankruptcy, he became responsible for the payments because I'd put him on the card. He asked the company if I was legally allowed to sign his name, and we were told yes because we're married.

I'm sorry you're going through this, but I think you're going to be okay. You didn't do anything wrong.

Good luck!

PostPosted: February 12th, 2004, 12:42 pm 

Hi Mollie,

First, your husband may have been setting you up by telling you to forge his name on checks (planning to use it to scare you later).

Second, almost every spouse pulls this in some form or another. Mine said he was going to file charges against me for using a credit card that had his name on it.

My attorney's advice was this: If the funds were used for the good of the family, and the spouse benefitted from those goods, you're fine. Now, if you signed his name, cashed his check and the money simply disappeared, that's one thing. But, putting it in a joint account and then paying the bills and buying groceries with it....any judge would see right through your husband's threats.

Kind of stupid on his part. How does he think you go the checks? From his employer? Everyone will know that he gave you his paychecks.

Your spouse is a control-freak and a jerk. >:(

Hugs,
Angela

Post subject: married for 37 years
PostPosted: January 11th, 2005, 7:59 pm 
I recieved my divorce papers after i fled for survival. I stayed with this man through two massive heart attacks and all the financial frustrations. I worked two jobs to save our home and all. After i got all in control he started mentally and emotionally abusing me. Now he is trying to take all assetts home and drag me to the coals. Just because I would not let him control and manipulate me. He has coerced me and you name it. Made up lies and has turned my kids against me. He got me when I had a medical problem and off work. Now I have no amunition to fight him with. I cant afford a lawyer and I will soon be homeless if he has anything to do with it. He tricked me into signing papers to fix the house. He got a mortgage against the house and took money from his retirement funds. He took all my possessions and put it in storage. If i dont pay the storage bill they will be gone. Plus he tore the house up. I wish him no ill will but all this is taking its toll on me.[quote][/quote]

Post subject: your message
PostPosted: January 25th, 2005, 3:11 pm 
Hello

My name is Amy and I'm new to this forum, but I read your posting and wanted to let you know about a great new book I just finished reading that I think might help you with what you're going through. The book is available at howtodivorce.org I hope this helps you.

Love,

Amy

P.S. The authors were on oprah and dr. phil, so they know what they're talking about. This book really changed my life. Good luck.

Post subject: Re: what can i do
PostPosted: March 13th, 2011, 10:01 pm 

When I purchased a computer in June, my husband wasn't with me, but I wanted him on the credit card I was getting. The girl told me that was okay to sign his name since we were married. When I filed for bankruptcy, he became responsible for the payments because I'd put him on the card. He asked the company if I was legally allowed to sign his name, and we were told yes because we're married.

I'm sorry you're going through this, but I think you're going to be okay. You didn't do anything wrong.

Good luck!

WoW Gold Cheap