Home

The WritersWeekly.com Forum is officially closed.
You are welcome to browse the archives of past
discussions below, but there are no new discussions.

Everything has moved to our new website,
where you can comment on articles
and submit questions directly to us. Please join us there.

Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently May 24th, 2017, 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Emotional Abuse
PostPosted: December 18th, 2003, 5:27 pm 
How do you go about proving emotional abuse in Georgia and is it even a grounds to get custody?

I'd also like to know how someone can get pulled over and arrested for a DUI and child endangerment, in Georgia, with a child under 10 in the car at 2AM but yet never see child services enter into it?

Post subject: get thee to an attorney!
PostPosted: December 18th, 2003, 6:58 pm 
You need to talk to a Georgia attorney. You're not going to get useful answers to your questions on an internet forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2004, 12:09 pm 

:?: Where is your attorney in this. He or she should be advising you. I have a very similar situation with my soon to be ex. According to the state I live in (or so I was told by the Guardian ad Litem) this is not considered child endangerment. She used another name for it which I can't rememember.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2004, 12:11 pm 

Have you contacted any centers for non violence? Emotional abuse can be the first step before physical abuse.

Post subject: DO NOT WAIT!!
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2004, 6:41 am 

Contact your local abuse hotline or women's shelter. They, better than anyone probably, can help you get the information you need on emotional abuse. EMOTIONAL ABUSE IS ONLY A PRECURSOR TO PHYSICAL ABUSE. Do not wait thinking it will not get worse. It may take weeks or years but it WILL get worse.
Do something now. Call your abuse hotline, women's shelter or Dept. of Human Services.
I have been there. Please, do not wait.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2004, 2:41 pm 
I'm in Georgia. I dont have an attorney anymore since the divorce. I paid 200 to see one when she got the DUI but he said to wait until she went to court and if she was convicted then we could do something but if she wasn't, it didn't matter.

Post subject: Hotline
PostPosted: January 26th, 2004, 2:43 pm 
What do I tell them at the hotline? Just examples of what is being said and done ???

Post subject: hotline
PostPosted: January 26th, 2004, 3:39 pm 

Call them and tell them you believe that you have been the victim of emotional abuse. They'll ask questions. Answer the questions.

Yes, it really is that easy. Quit wasting time and GET ON THE PHONE!

Post subject: Yes, it's THAT easy
PostPosted: January 26th, 2004, 6:17 pm 

GeorgiaGal,

Yes, it is that easy. Just as the last poster said, call them and tell them that you believe you are the victim of emotional/mental abuse. Tell them anything that they need to know. DON'T SUGAR COAT THE FACTS!!!!!!!! Don't try to make it seem that it isn't as bad as you think it is. You will only hurt yourself that way.

Call them. Answer their questions as best and detailed as possible. Trust them.

Please, keep me posted on your situation.

Post subject: emotional /divorce
PostPosted: January 30th, 2004, 1:09 am 
I have been married for 28 yrs I was abused with my husbands anger problem for 20 yrs and fianlly left. I am thinking of divorcing myhusband this summer. I am a chrisitian and this has been such a hard decision as my kids dont support me.

Post subject: Confused
PostPosted: September 5th, 2004, 11:32 pm 

I've got a situation that maybe ya'll can help me on. Okay I havent been married long, it will be a year in october and since my husband lost his job, he outburst alot, hardly spends anytime with his child, or me, and when I ask him if maybe we could go on a date he says we dont have the money but he goes out and buys all this stuff for him. I joked the other day about where is my gift. I mean he bought our son a sweat outfit and himself some new tires for his truck, then tonight he told me he was only going to one place and then coming home and he came home with a bunch of stuff from the store for him. like movies, tools, and some food that only he thinks he likes. I mean I feel like he emotionaly abuses me and I love him yes, but his first marrage ended before it made it a year and i am starting to see why, is there anything i can do to save our marrige? I mean if he got a job it would help but anything or any advise in the meantime???

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 6th, 2004, 6:50 am 

Hey girl, I can understand what you are going through. We can almost say that I've been there.
Ok. Your husband could be in a form of depression believe it or not. I will not say that he IS in a depression but it is a possibility. Things do not seem the same to a depressed mind (I know...I suffer from severe depression).
In my honest opinion you will have to confront him about his actions. Not necessarily in an aggressive or accusing manner but bring it to his attention. It could lead to an argument but arguments are ok. My b/f and I argue often and we have been together almost 5 years.
Girl, if there is any actual emotional or physical abuse you need to get out. If there is no actual abuse then things can be worked out - usually.

Post subject: Re: Emotional Abuse
PostPosted: November 24th, 2010, 12:37 am 

the reason she may be this way is because of your brother.
she's overly protective paranoid, neglectful, complulsive, blind sighted and indenial not emotionally abusive.
because your brother is mentally ILL she probably expects you to have a disorder as well.

_________

Search Engine Marketing|Internet Marketing