Statements appearing in these forums represent the opinions of the authors
of each post, not the opinion of WritersWeekly.com and/or BookLocker.com.
It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 7th, 2004, 5:18 pm 
Thank you Robin and Angela.

I am very touched that you are working in such a worthwhile and selfless way - it is quite rare to find that kind of think and I thank you.

I can relate in some small way to what I have read of Robin's sad story.

I'd like to recommend a good book for Robin that may help her in her healing. It is called 'Sacred Contracts' by Caroline Myss.

Good luck Robin, thank you for turning tragedy into something so giving. And thanks for helping her, Angela.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 8th, 2004, 10:00 am 

Dear Robin,

I am also an abuse survivor. And I honor your writing.
I grieve at the cause of it, that your little girl died, and
the need for it, and at the same time, I am proud of your
effort to put it into words for the sake of helping others.
I've had flashbacks. I know from inside the emotional
intensity of remembering trauma. To be willing to deal
with that, so that others may learn from what happened,
takes immense heart. Lady, you got that.

If what we find the way to speak of reaches even one
other person and helps them find some chance to survive
and to heal, it's worth it. You are doing that. So it's worth
it already.

The abuse cycle thrives on silence. Breaking the silence
is an act of change that is vital for breaking the abuse
cycle too.

As Cenizas said, people do offer advice that promotes
particular viewpoints. While it is my view that they intend
well, and attempt to offer something that has benefitted
them, your own path may prove different from theirs, or
mine, and that's entirely valid. You have the right to find
your own way, and I believe you are actively working
on that. What I will wish is, that you may have whatever
nurtures you, comforts you, and supports your healing.

Sometimes, on the way, it's necessary to deal with
painful emotions too. In my own case, part of that was
acknowledging the anger I feel about abuse. For myself,
I am working on turning the energy of that rage away
from wanting to lash out, and into action for positive
change. So I write healing songs and sing them for
survivor gatherings. My way is different from writing
a book. At the same time, I feel a kinship between my
effort and yours. Thank you for what you are doing.

All the Best, Peg Fisher aka (pen name) Murrday

Post subject: Abusive Relationships
PostPosted: May 9th, 2004, 2:10 am 
I grew up in Texas, married there, and began to suffer there. It took many years for me to share my story of spousal abuse with others. At first, people around me thought I was exaggerating; to them he seemed such a nice man. It took him almost killing me one night for his family and friends to finally believe me. When he showed up where I worked in a large highrise in downtown Houston gun in hand, my fellow employees agreed that my fears weren't unfounded. Luckily, I was whisked out of the office via those underground parking lots.

Once I had the courage to take my children and flee, I feared discussing what had happened to me, afraid somehow he would hear the story and hunt me down.

I will keep you in my prayers, dear, and although I didn't lose a child, I do have one who has had much to overcome because of his recollections of that life. I understand the pain you have suffered from your husband yourself and will pray for your strength to go on.

I admire you for sharing your story with others. It is very hard for us to write about those times in our past but we are the chosen ones, maybe the only ones, who can get the word out. Our stories may keep others from suffering the same fate.

Do know that there are many out here who are reaching out to you with prayers and hope and encouragement.

Blessings and love,
Barb Deming

Post subject: Murdered Baby
PostPosted: May 10th, 2004, 9:04 am 

OUCH! Guys let's be sensitive here. Recovery is a PROCESS--as much as we'd like for everyone to jump to some aspect of it (so we feel better about them) SUGGESTING someone get to forgiveness BEFORE they have reached that part of the process is abusive. People quoted all sorts of junk to me because they were uncomfortable with my pain. But murder brings pain. And a long road of sorting out things until you get to that blessed part of releasing. But the average time in murder is close to 10 years so give this lady a break!

PostPosted: August 16th, 2004, 9:23 am 
Topics containing links to people's sites are unneeded and contribute nothing as a whole, much like topics containing content like this one. You could have PMed a moderator and asked this same question and received the same Dog Breeders response. Please do so in the future.

PostPosted: August 16th, 2004, 3:06 pm 
what kind of sport is this? i ve never heard about it and never seen it...
I like - football, tennis, Dog Breeders figure skating, extreme sports
Dislike - hockey, basketball, car racing, box and all the rest

PostPosted: November 16th, 2004, 10:22 pm 
Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile Ceslideshow, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.
Thanks! The mails were from people on my Montana Solitaire allow list...Thanks! The mails were from people on my M3 allow list...Thanks! The mails were from people on my Bricks allow list...Topics containing links to people's sites are unneeded and contribute nothing as a whole, much like topics containing content like this one. You could have PMed a moderator and asked this same question and received the same Surgicaldb response. Please do so in the future.
Thanks! The mails were from people on my Brandnew Hi Res Icons allow list...Topics containing links to people's sites are unneeded and contribute nothing as a whole, much like topics containing content like this one. You could have PMed a moderator and asked this same question and received the same Handtox response. Please do so in the future.
what kind of sport is this? i ve never heard about it and never seen it...
I like - football, tennis, Solidarity figure skating, extreme sports
Dislike - hockey, basketball, car racing, box and all the rest
Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile Index, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.
Topics containing links to people's sites are unneeded and contribute nothing as a whole, much like topics containing content like this one. You could have PMed a moderator and asked this same question and received the same Acronyms response. Please do so in the future.
Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile Bookbag Plus, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.
Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile Ghronos, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.

PostPosted: February 14th, 2012, 8:33 pm 

Hello

I must admit, I dont have narcolepsy. I do have Idiopathic Hypersomnia and am desperately looking for a support group. Ive heard from other IH people that N support groups and forums are a great place to start since the two disorders are so similar.

Im currently a student at Oakland University Rochester and Id be willing to drive for a support group. Please let me know what I can do to help